1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashplayer

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jamescatt, Jul 7, 2011.

1. jamescatt

jamescatt Member

hi. cant seem to d/load flash player on my account on either safari or IE. can however d/load on my son's account but only to safari. any help please. most appreciated.

thank you.

2. Pegasis

Pegasis Regular member

Hello,

Have you tried disabling your antivirus software and giving the download another go?

3. jamescatt

jamescatt Member

yes tried that and uninstalled any older versions, still wont do. but opened another account and flashplayer installed no problem on both IE and safari, so it must just be a problem on my original account and IE on my kids accounts.

4. Pegasis

Pegasis Regular member

It does sound odd...

Check your Active X is enabled in manage add-ons. (found under tools, press "alt" if you can't see your menu bar)

Also, if you are using IE 64-bit, flash player is currently not compatible with the 64-bit browser.

Or maybe it's time for a back-up and a fresh installation?

Try your Active X first though, let me know how it goes.

5. jamescatt

jamescatt Member

hi. thanks for the help. didn't have Active X in IE manage add-ons but did have a enable all add-ons tab in safari which has done the trick for IE as well. never thought about add-ons. once again thank you for your help.

6. krad32

krad32 Member

Try download to others then just transfer the download file to your account.