1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flickering on bottom burned vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Bpearl, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Bpearl

Bpearl Guest

Hi all, i'm new here.
    I'm from Holland, so not on same time as most i guess, but i hope i can sometimes help others too.
    I have a problem with burning of vcd
    I burned two files to vcd:
    AC3.DivX5.CD1 and MPEG Video, and both work fine on the pc in PowerDVD, but on the dvd player (tv connected one) there is a very irritating line of colours flickering.
    I am very disapointed, as Nero is said to be a good program and i heard it converts or decodes just fine.
    How can i prevend the flickering?
    Or is that just because it is a bad file.
    But, on the pc it looks a lot better.
    I'm hoping someone can help me.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Who ever told you Nero Encodes and decodes Just fine Was Lying to you or Didn"t know what they were talking about as Nero is Well known for useing the Absolute worst Quality mpeg encoder ever created...

If you want to make good Quality VCD"s then use a Good quality Standalone Mpeg encoder Like Tmpgenc or the Mainconcept Encoder and then you Can Use Nero Just to Burn the Files to VCD not to encode them...

3. Bpearl

Bpearl Guest

Ok, thanks for the tip!
    I have that program but thought it was only to make DVD's.
    I'll give it a try then.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well "Tmpgenc DVD Author" is for makeing DVD"s but "Tmpgenc" the encoder is for encodeing to Mpeg1/VCD or Mpeg2/SVCD or Mpeg2/DVD....