1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flipper, Goodfellas, double sided

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by HeeHawBoz, Sep 14, 2003.

1. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

Sorry to start this thread out of the blue. I wanted to reply to this excellent read...
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/30627
    ... but it had a message saying it was over 45 days old.

I might just have missed it due to me concentrating on the posts from that space cadet guy who started boasting about his IQ and his job and his omnipotence etc, but I never did see an answer to the question of how to get rid of the Warner logo at the end of side 1.

I have just got round to backing up Region 2 Goodfellas and, in case it helps anyone, I used DVDShrink in re-author mode to separate the main film only. This completely got rid of the logo. It was no longer at the end of the VOB.

After that, you can go through all the usual IFOedit and DVD2one steps and you have the whole film with multiple soundtracks and subtitles.

Lastly, and at the risk of never getting another high priority design job, I have to say that I hope this prevents anyone else trying the VHS to DVD route and being proud that you cannot tell the difference between the two.

Better late than never.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Oh no....not another goodfellas one ARgghhhh

3. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

Well, I feel a bit miffed that I wasn't here for that last one.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - it did go on for a while ;-)

5. koola

koola Guest

Hehe :D