1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

floppy station

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by iraj, Apr 12, 2004.

1. iraj

iraj Regular member

I change the floppy driver + cable as new.
    in system maneger the driver work corect and I see the icon in my computer but when i put the floppy in , do not work?
    the opration system is windows xp
    iraj

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

What error message do you get exactly. It is possible that the floppy you are testing with is junk. Try a company released floppy or try to copy files to a blank floppy disk.

3. iraj

iraj Regular member

every time when I whant to used station ,that came
    PUT A FLOPPY IN but already floppy is insite.
    and I try other floopy driver too but I got same

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

OK, first of all, is this a different issue than you mentioned here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/79654

Or is it the same troubleshooting on the same computer?

If 2 different drives don't work with different several different disks, then you need to determine what they still have in common. That's all troubleshooting is: eliminating possibilities until you find out what is wrong.

Did you use the same ribbon cable? Another possibility is the controller on the motherboard is shot.

One more thing, and please don't take what I'm going to say as being mean, but is it maybe time to take the PC into a repair shop? It's hard to tell, just because I know your English isn't perfect, but it almost seems that you might be in over your head. Just as I take my car to the garage to be fixed; not everybody is capable of fixing everything. Myself I have to ask myself how valuable is my time, and seeing as you've already spent a lot of time on this yourself, is it maybe worth spending a few dollars to have it looked at rather than getting you frustrated?

5. iraj

iraj Regular member

the conection of ribbon cable to the floppy driver was wrong ,because I can conect cable with two position in floppy driver ,thats why I conected with wrong way.now floopy driver working good
    any way thanks
    iraj