1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flv lossless converter

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by krohm, Jan 22, 2009.

1. krohm

krohm Member

hi, im pretty much new here and just starting to video edit.

i currently use videoredo to edit dvds. is there a program that allows frame by frame cutting, like videoredo, but does it for flv videos?

if not could i use avidemux to convert the flv to a lossless avi, then frame by frame cut/edit the lossless avi's with another program?

if not how should i go about converting the flv's losslessly to a format that i can edit frame by frame in a video editing program?

if anyone can help it would be appreciated, if not pointing me in the right direction would be also appreciated. cheers

2. attar

attar Senior member

With Avidemux, you can load and save to fLV.
    Select frames with the slider and A/B buttons and cut or delete as required.
    I think that for everything (except MPEG) it saves using 'Smart Copy', in that it only processes the frames around the cut - thus only small parts of the video are recoded.
    The left side menu would be set, Copy - Copy - FLV.
    Try it and see if it suits.

3. krohm

krohm Member

so it essentially does lossless conversion to avi?

im wanting to cut sections from the flv and save the sections that ive cut to a lossless avi/mpeg-2. can this be done?

4. attar

attar Senior member

No, if the edited file is saved to AVI, it is recoded.

5. krohm

krohm Member

so i have to recode a flv before it can be edited?

what conversion software should i look at if i want to convert flv to another video format with lossless quality?

6. attar

attar Senior member

7. krohm

krohm Member

what about converting wav files to lossless flac. there is no loss of quality there? is there anyway to convert flv files to another file format without loss of quality?

8. varnull

varnull Guest

flv??.. are you serious???.. take a crap format like that and I find it hard to see how you would ever notice any quality loss.. It's crap to start with. google ffmpeg.. it will convert anything to anything.

9. krohm

krohm Member

some youtube clips are flv but in some form of high definition. or they are at least not terrible quality.

im not really up to adjusting bitrate settings via a command line. is there another application that losslessly converts flv's to other video formats?

maybe one that can determine the format and bitrates of whatever video i want converted and then can convert to another predestinted format and bitrate?

clearly im new to all this. wanting to get some form of standardised format for all my video clips/videos i have on my computer. any further help would be good. cheers

10. krohm

krohm Member

I just used flv extract 1.4.0 and it has extracted the audio and the video of the flv but I'm wanting to know if it has done this losslessy? doesn't seem that way even know the file sizing is similar the video from the avi output is different then the original flv.

is there an flv extracter that losslessly extracts the video/audio information to some other format? surely there is without using a command line application?

11. krohm

krohm Member

how come no one is really replying to this post? im asking for a lossless flv converter.. im sure a lot of other people would also want this especially in the future when youtube hd becomes more of the standard than the exception.

there must be an application that can convert any video to a lossless format... maybe convert to mpeg2 format or some other high quality video format. even if the quality is only as good as the source there still should be an app that can do it. please can someone advise...

12. emazur

emazur Member

You're in luck - this can be done, and done for free:
    1) download SPAM program (google it)
    2) import the flv
    3) on the right hand side, click the "clip" tab, select the region you want to save
    4) export as FLV (this will not reencode, only cut. you can use the software to reencode to other formats such as MPEG, but only if you pay money to upgrade the functionality from "free mode")

edited by creaky - the program mentioned was a typical spammer's program recommendation, though emazur doesn't appear to be a spammer

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  13. guoqk

guoqk Guest

can this help you????????

SPAM

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
  14. vivianflv

vivianflv Guest

SPAM maybe can help you. it can edit flv and input FLV without any recoding and recompressin. moreover, you can use it to convert flv to other video formats. you can try.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  15. justmore

justmore Guest

there are many free flv converter, don't spam here,

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
  16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

justmorespam - nice try, but your SPAM is removed, along with your account.