1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FLV Picture to DVD Quality Picture

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dos1986, Jan 13, 2007.

1. dos1986

dos1986 Guest

Hi guys I have loads off flv videos (youtube,peekvid,dailymotion etc) on my computer and would like to convert them to dvd quality picture or something similar as at the moment the flv videos are too bad to watch on a hdtv so does anyone know how to improve the quality of picture and sound thanks

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

You want to take a flash video flv file and run some software that makes it dvd quality? You don't need a software app, you need a magic wand. the flv videos I have downloaded are all 320 pixels wide by 240 high. The Youtube people do this to make it practical to store them and stream them to users. Sure, you could resize them to HDTV size, using ffmpeg which could be

* 720p - 1280x720 progressive
    * 1080i - 1920x1080 interlaced
    * 1080p - 1920x1080 progressive

You don't say which one you want. But where to get the missing pixel information? You could write a letter to Santa Claus maybe, because it sure ain't gonna be hidden somewhere in the flv file. Those flvs are meant to be viewed in a little window on your computer screen.

3. bryantvic

bryantvic Guest

You can't do that, garbage in garbage out. the dvd will not be clearer that the flv is.