1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FLV Video Editing

Discussion in 'Digital video discussion for Linux users' started by krazyjo, Dec 25, 2007.

1. krazyjo

krazyjo Member

Hey all,
    I am trying to figure out a way to batch watermark (insert trailer video file and append closer video file) video files. Specifically FLVs.

Basically I want to take an FLV. Insert a short clip. And save it as a new FLV. It would also be cool to be able to insert text over the bottom or something. This needs to be done on a large scale so performance and ease of use are key.

Suggestions? Please Afterdawn gods, let me hear it!

Thanks,
    Jo

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you are familiar with VirtualDub - and FFDShow is installed, then VDub can load FLV files and use the Donald Graft Logo filter to fade in and out static images throughout the video.

VirtualDub can also be set for batch processing;the one thing though, is that it save files as AVI, so if you wanted FLV, the output would have to be converted.

[​IMG]

3. krazyjo

krazyjo Member

ATTAR, thanks for your post!

I am not familiar with VirtualDub. Is there a Linux port? Ideally, I want this to be run from a linux server.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Not as far as I know.
    There is a Linux version of AVIDemux2 (similar to VirtualDub) and it has numerous filters - but I have only looked at the Windows version and haven't used it much to find out it's capabilities.