1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

football manager 2006 (closed)

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by owenforde, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owenforde

owenforde Member

2. Phoenix83

Phoenix83 Member

Hey owen!
    firstly let me say that you are not the only guy that wants a copy of FM2006! I got mine on thursday 20th (1 day before release!) Its awesome!...we may have to play online one day...fancy it!

although that all sounds nice, you can't actually play it, can ya? it always ask's for the cd and believe u me...some will be popping up in no time at all...aslong as u know the right websites to go to, to go and get it!

anyway your problem...

the torrent file you downloaded was from torrentspy.com (i think) and i downloaded the other one availbel from there...the one that i got was a Alcohol image (pre extracted), so what u need to do is extrat all the RAR files into the same directory, and with your .r38, .r39, .r40, etc... files..i think u could extract them too.

Select all the files in the directory (in you pic), [bold]APART FROM THE MSINFO FILE[/bold], right clivk on one the files, to bring up a context menu and select (from the winrar submenu, 'Extract to Here')!

***the extraction process could take up to 5 minutes***

this should then give u an alcohol image, which then u can open up in alcohol and burn on to a cd.

its also worth opening up the MSINFO file too, make sure though...[bold]ALWAYS OPEN MSINFO FILES INTO 'NOTEPAD'![/bold] the fact that they're labelled as msinfo files i dont know, and i dont really care either, all i know is that u can open them up in NOTEPAD and more often than not, you get priceless info on how to work the files you have just downloaded!

let me know how u get on!

Phoenix ;)

3. owenforde

owenforde Member

Phoenix, i got it working perfect now mate.all i did was extract 1 of the files and it done them all in to an image file which i burned onto a disc using alcohol 120% and then i just installed like normal and played using the copyied disc.the game didnt even reconize it was a copy even dough fm2005 did.

about playing online i can host also!

4. Phoenix83

Phoenix83 Member

glad i could help...let u know about online game withing the week.

Phoenix

5. pandoo1

pandoo1 Member

hey guys you know when you extract the files they come out as two files init 1 a mdf file and two a mds file..

what do i do next or am i wrong

please help

6. pandoo1

pandoo1 Member

hey it also tells us to play it with antiblaxx

HELP

7. owenforde

owenforde Member

hey pandoo dont mind the antiblax thing, just download alcohol 120% and install it when it loads up go to "image burning wizard" then browse and go to the drictory of where them 2 files you have are the mds should show up when it does just select that and burn it on to a disc! then just use that disc like you normal use the disc whenu buy it!

8. anrup

anrup Member

hi, i burned the .mds image using Alcohol 120% and i managed to install FM2006 but i cant get the game to load. when i load the .mds cd i burned to try and load the game it doesnt work. please can you tell me what to do

9. owenforde

owenforde Member

Download Anti-Blaxx v.1.17 patch it with this file http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S5IM0TRF
    by downloading this file into the main anti blaxx derictory! Open Anti-Blaxx, right-click tray icon, choose 'Settings'. Locate the directory of your Daemon Tools .exe file and set it under 'Daemons Tools' Click the 'First-Game' tab, under 'Game' locate the Football Manager .exe ( fm.exe ). Set protection to SecuRom 7.When prompted to, enter the name you want for this game ( FM 2006? ).Mount the .mds file into Daemon Tools.Right-click Anti-Blaxx tray icon and choose Run game -> FM 2006. Enjoy!

10. Phoenix83

Phoenix83 Member

11. pandoo1

pandoo1 Member

im finally happy i got the game to work ...

thanks all for the help

12. Phoenix83

Phoenix83 Member

Not a problem pandoo1! Now if you look closely pandoo1, on a thread on this topic, i have absolutely 'exhalted' you! Praised you! I really wish i could, but i can't do it twice...especailly to the same person!

Glad i helped you out, and thanks for the thanks! Anything else i can help u with? If so...check out your PM's! I have emailed my email addy to you!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Phoenix ;)

ps: That doesn't mean to say...'I hope you have a problem soon' though! Hahahahaha! Take care! ;)

13. owenforde

owenforde Member

LIKE TO THINK I HELPED ALSO PANDOO GREAT GAME ENJOY!

14. XXPainXX

XXPainXX Member

Phoenix83 I really need your help with getting my fm to work i dont quite understand how to use alchol 120% or what to do in genral. Can i plz have your e-mail adress or msn ... after we sort it out we'll have to get a fm 2006 game going

15. Phoenix83

Phoenix83 Member

painxx...i have just PM'd u......read it!

16. dawn20390

dawn20390 Member

yo Phoenix83 man you helped alot
    i just love this game and i almost went nuts that i didnt work and you helped me and ill help others so ur gonna help alot of manager lovers in Israel so thank from israel
    Israel RULES!!!!!

17. hkchute

hkchute Member

this doesn't work for me please help!
    i tried with alcohol but it doesnt work
    anti-blaxx works but i need to play the game in windowed mode and i dunno how to set it to windowed through anti blaxx
    plz help

18. owenforde

owenforde Member

u dont window it through anti-blaxx do it trough the game by going to prefrences!

19. camelo

camelo Guest

Hi, well I have FM installed but whn I go to play it says "CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and restart the game"

I have had this message with Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools...

Without the software it says "Please insert CD-rom"

20. bayron_r

bayron_r Member

Hay,guys
    OK.So I have FM2006 but I can`t make it work.I did everything i could but everytime it wants CD.Why?I read something about some patch and i downloaded id and i gave fm.exe{properties-compatibility-run this program in compatibility mode for(Windows NT4.0(Service Pack 5)) but it still wants CD...What i have to do to make it working????PLS help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.