1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2006 - MUST READ!!!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Nephilim, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

This was originally posted by Phoenix83

[bold] BEFORE YOU CONTINUE READING..I MUST INFORM YOU THAT THIS WORKED FOR ME ON WINDOWS XP W/SP2...I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE RESULT WILL BE ON ANY OTHER OS!![/bold]

Hey all...just figured it out! You must follow these instructions, if u want to play FM2006 without a CD.

1) [REMOVED - they can get it on their own]

2) Download and install Daemon Tolls ([bold]I used v3.47[/bold]). Ensure that all your emulation options are [bold]ON[/bold].

You may/will have to restart your pc at this point, if promoted to do so by Daemon Tools

3) Mount your football manager 2006 image onto daemon tools and install it (Complete setup...not Custom). NOTE: YOU MUST INSATLL IT FROM THE SETUP.EXE ON THE IMAGE...[bold]NOT THE WINDOWS INSTALLER PACKAGE[/bold] THAT’S V V IMPORTANT!

**Do NOT play game just yet, but keep the image mounted onto Daemon Tools.

4) Go to http://www.gamershell.com/download_11237.shtml to download the NEW FM2006 patch v6.0.1 YES...there is one update already!

5) Unzip, and update your existing fm2006 installation to v6.0.1

***HERE COMES THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT***

i) Locate the file 'fm.exe', via My Computer (C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2006)

ii) Right click fm.exe and choose properties

iii) Select the COMPATIBILTY tab

iv) Tick the box that says 'Run this program in compatibility mode for', and from the drop down list select "Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)".

v) Click APPLY and then OK.

Viola!

You can now play the game, as long as it’s mounted on Daemon Tools), with no cd crack, or CD burning to be done! You have the full game available to play! No Hassle!

** Not to sure but, this may also work if you were using Alcohol 120% instead of Daemon Tools, although I haven't tried that myself! But if you feel like letting me know if it does work, then please do!**

Hope you have found this to be beneficial to your needs and I wish u all happy gaming, and good luck with your in game.

Phoenix ;)

PS: Please let me know if this works for you, because it did for me, and I would hate to think that I have give you all wrong information!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  2. Nephilim

The original thread for this post was so pathetically full of broken rules I decided to delete it rather than spend an hour and a half of my free time trying to fix everything.

I'm laying the warnings out right here and now so anyone who ignores them runs the risk of being banned immediately. These are the rules I saw broken repeatedly in the original thread:

No posting email addies.

No discussing of where to get torrents or ISO's.

No requesting pirated material.

No discussing cracks.

3. gismo4

gismo4 Guest

hello guys,
    well i got problem with FM2006 as all.
    i mount the image in my virtual disk but when i open it there is no setup.exe there.I do something wrong?
    Can u tell me if there is any problem cos i use winxp sp2 but the greek edition?
    can also tell me whats wrong with alcohol 120% cos when i try create the image it shows lots of errors(it will be really helpful if u tell me the right preferences)

thank you

4. Dubliner

Dubliner Member

Hey lad!

i'm very much interested by your step by step procdure cause i bought the game but it's really a pain in the neck to use the CD every time, especially since some friends tend to borrow it.
    Unfortunately i'm not i got it right, at least i hope not cause otherwise it didn't work.
    my level in computer skills is really low, as you would have noticed, but it seems to me the only step i could have srewed is the third one with the image to mount in daemon tools. Which file is it exactly?

Thanks for your help,

Dub.

5. bigdave78

bigdave78 Member

i've followed your guide all the way to the end but when i try to play the game i get an error message saying "cd/dvd emulation software has been detected.please disable all cd/dvd emulation software and re-start game" what have i done wrong????

6. oasis2ooo

oasis2ooo Member

Man, I'm having some real problems with this! I'm a bit of a newbie to all this, would appreciate some advice.

I downloaded football manager 2006 from a torrent site. I got 44 files. I opened them with WinRar and am now left with 2 files
    - ind-fm2006.MDF (752MB) and
    - ind-fm2006.MDS (2.74KB)

I've no idea what all this image creating business is about but I have downloaded Alcohol120% and want to learn. I'm pretty sure I can follow the steps at the start of this thread once I can get that far. What do I do?!

Do i need to create an image file (if so, how?) then what do i do with it? Burn it to a CD?!

Thanks in advance,

oasis2ooo

7. guhenn

guhenn Member

To oasis2ooo

Man, just download NOW the programm Daemon Tools. Install it. Than run it. It will appear just a small icon in your bar, just next to the clock. Right click on this icon and go to the option where you can ser ALL EMULATION OPTIONS ON.
    Then you right click again in the icon and choose the option to MOUNT A IMAGE (just select this .MDS file). Done! It's like you had the official cd in your cd drive (but it's all virtual). Open your virtual drive (from My Computer). Then select Setup.exe... From this, you just follow the steps that were written in the top of this forum.
    Sorry for my english (I'm brazilian). Hope it helps. Good luck!

8. oasis2ooo

oasis2ooo Member

Thanks Guhenn, I'm almost there..!

Ive installed the game and am getting the Please insert CD-ROM message.

I reffered back to Phoenix83's original post but still have a problem.

When I right-click the FM.exe i dont get a compatability tab in properties. Is this because I'm running Windows 98?

Aaagh, i wanna play dammit! so close...

9. guhenn

guhenn Member

To oasis2ooo,

Man, I'm sorry, but you must have Windows XP to make this 'compatiblity'...
    Hope you can take a copy from Windows XP. Good luck!

PS: Hey, do me a favor, please... What's the link from the torrent that you've downloaded? Thanks a lot!

10. oasis2ooo

oasis2ooo Member

Waht?! Noooo! I've been messing around with this for two days now :(

So will it not work on windows 98 even using the Alcohol120% method?

The link where i got it from

[REMOVED!!!!!!!]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
  11. oasis2ooo

oasis2ooo Member

Sorry, must have missed it.

12. Nephilim

Dunno what the heck just happened but my post managed to get deleted.

Anyway, keep it clean you two. My warnings were quite clear.

13. adriano_8

adriano_8 Guest

phoenix can you please help me the mds file doesn;t work no more it says' image file not accesed' i've tried anythink but it won't work. Can someone give the link to al fm2006 iso or other file but jo mds file. Please! I wanna play

14. Nephilim

The next idiot to ask that question is getting banned immediately and this thread will be closed.

15. adriano_8

adriano_8 Guest

[REMOVED]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2005
  16. smallkid

smallkid Member

phoenix,
    can you email me mate with some help. I have downloaded football manager 2006 and have the image file. I can load daemon tools and mount and play the game but i have tried copying it with alcohol 120 and get frisbies just. I need to know the burning settings using alcohol mate.

Ta

17. josephd1

josephd1 Guest

Hi
    if u wnt football manager realy cheap go 2 this site

Piracy Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2005
  18. Nephilim

This idiotfest is over with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.