1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Manager 2006

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by MNA, Nov 29, 2005.

1. MNA

MNA Regular member

OK,first of all I have to say this game is immense.For all you managers out there I have to say GET THIS GAME!!!

Many people have so many problems with this game,I will show you the easy way to get it working.

[bold]UNRAR FIRST[/bold]
    The downloaded files need to be unrared first, install winrar, right click on any .rar file and the second option should be extract here.
    This will leave you with and MDS and MDF file.

[bold]BURNING TO CD[/bold]
    Use Alcohol 120% this is the only software that reads and burns these type of files.

[bold]INSTALLING THE GAME[/bold]
    You can either mount the file to daemon tool OR Alcohol and when it opens the file, double click the pc folder then the setup.exe is in there double click it
    or
    Just use the cd you burned with alcohol and it will install automaticaly.

[bold]PLAYING THE GAME[/bold]
    Again either use the mounted daemmon tools OR alcohol image or the cd you burned with alcohol.
    BUT FIRST right click on the desktop icon for FM 2006 and click properties, this will take you to th SI folder where the proper FM 2006 .exe will be highlighted. right click this one and choose properties and then compatibility. select the box "run this program in compatibility mode for" then select from the drop down box Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 5) and the apply.

[bold]PLAY[/bold]
    Double click desktop and enjoy.

If you have any problems just reply back and I'll help you out.

Regards MNA

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  2. tee99

tee99 Regular member

just a quick one - having issues with this

basically, it works first time, but as soon as i reboot the machine, fm.exe gives an application error.

any ideas?

worked fine (with the compatibility mode etc.), but after reboot, no joy

cheers in advance

3. MNA

MNA Regular member

errrm.....this happened to me first of all but once I just tried to run the game and it came on.So sorry that I can't give you some proper advice but this is all I can say.

4. tee99

tee99 Regular member

cheers anyway mate

- trying to get hold of a 'backup' with a crak that works.

we shall see

cheers

5. MNA

MNA Regular member

OK,good luck.

6. MNA

MNA Regular member

When is FM 2007 coming out?

7. chenzo

chenzo Member

I need help,

Eager to play this game - i downloaded it the other day - 2 files as mentioned (1mdf and 1 mds) did exactly as you instructed and downloaded the game - played it for a day. It worked a treat (no problems, free game - mint)

Then my computer would not work, so in haste i uninstalled the game and also daemon. (Thinking this to be the problem) - turns out my broadband connection was broken. This is all fixed now

But whenever i try to reinstall the game, when i try to mount the mdf image, nothing happens (tried with both daemon and alcohol) - not sure why as it worked the first time

Any suggestions?

8. yogi43

yogi43 Member

Hi me a newbie here!!i have football manager 2006 mdf n mds files...I burnt the mds into a cd using alcohol...now i have installed it game from the cd..but the game doesnt start up..it crashes out...i did that compatibility thingy!!!!Pls help anybody!!!!!!

Yogi

9. Sumecani

Sumecani Member

Can you please sent my e-mail all step from the begin to the end on computer which i need to done because I am not best in it I just love that game.Thanke you

10. KEVCELT

KEVCELT Regular member

hi there wondering if you could help me ? i have the game d/loaded i ahve used deamon tools 2 install the game, i also have the desktopp icon but when i double click it says insert cd ??? do i need 2 burn it onto a cd/dvd and could you give me instuctions please ? i have alchol 120 but have never used it and dont know how thanx p.s im me and i,ll give you my e-mail if it helps cheers

11. KEVCELT

KEVCELT Regular member

cheers got it working now even after restarting my pc COOL, is it possible though to put upgrades onto this game ie. the january transfer window ???

12. Baggio10

Baggio10 Member

i don't know what you guys are talking about. But this windows nt 4.0 service pck doesnt work. Is there any crack that anyone might know of.
    I have had this game for so long now and i have it installed and everything, the only problem is that i don't have the crack or the actual cd. What other ways are there besides the service pack thing?

13. Alimoe

Alimoe Member

i followed the instructions & came up with this error..

: please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK, and restart application??

so what do i do next?? tyvm... :)