1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Thre... Errm... Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by permiggs, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Nah, Deco isn't the best. He was better at Porto when he was part of 'Mourinho & Co' :)

I like the look of that guy with the silly long blond hair.. Maxi Lopez? Very good player..

2. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Maxi Lopez is good, but don't underestimate Deco...
    He is my fav player in the world! His hovering around the pitch is unique... It feels like he's constantly about to fall over(not that he doesn't... LOL) But he always get that passing in! The reason why Deco is my idol and not Lampard, was due to the Uefa Cup final between Porto and Celtic. His ball touching was gigantic! And i reckon he's a lot better than then! (i follow Barca's games whenever i can on my <cough>freeview box<cough>...)

3. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

Maxi Lopez would be better off coming over to Highbury:) I remember seiing him play for River Plate along with DeAlessandro and co. They played some beautiful football, just like the Arsenal does.

4. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Leo Messi will become a world class player. He's already showing the signs of maturity.

Maxi Lopez. Very good player but doesn't get enough first team chances. With Larsson leaving at the end of the season maybe he will play more often.

Deco. I agree with Permiggs. World class. Wise move switching nationalties.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  5. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

Wow, this thread became quiet :)
    What happened? Did Chelsky loose? OMG, OMG, haha for you overrated, overpaid, hypocrite, cheater bunch or loosers. No I didnt say all that, I was just thinking out loud :(
    Permiggs, buddy I'm just trying to give you some ammo :)
    The only guy I feel bad for from the Chelsea side is Terry.
    Lampard nonexistent against some superior opponents, that is also a bad sign for England for the world cup.

6. skk0208

skk0208 Member

@ Fred interesting post. I think England has developed at bit since the 60s although i'd only know from videos as i was born in 80's but were still nice, the football is still awesome and rugby has developed a hell of a lot to having awesome stadiums with wkd games in the guiness premiership so i advise you to get yourself to one of them. You should go to some premiership games if you can they are out of this world now. If you can go and watch Thierry Henry you will see one of the most talented players in the world. I would say he is on par with Ronaldinho although im sure some will disagree.

Ukraine are definitely gonna be worth watching in the World Cup. They have Shevshenko but i guarantee they will progress past the group stages and be the surprise package of the World Cup, and we will hear lots of names and players moving to the top leagues.

7. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

What happened to this thread? Everyone gone?

Been away on hols to sort some things out i.e. my head...
    I'm back now... Watched that CL game against Barca... They were too much for us... Another defeat at the Nou Camp and that's us done...

8. rav009

rav009 Active member

No ones watchin the england game ?????

9. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

i am, great goal frm joe cole, he is real class. i dnt like bent to much, he likes to play of his soulder and if defenders play on the 80 yard line a ball like that is quite hard to thread in, even with the passing quality england have, i think it was a good performance frm eng;and, but i feel sorry for the left back...i had a collision like that with one of my defnders, and he got the worst of it...overall great performance, we had great majority of performance and we conceded a specatular goal... i rather liek eng;and with its diamiond formation tough, it gives them depth in the form on rooney and owen, also they can spread the ball from wing to wing, leaving gaps in the middle for owens spectacular runs

10. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

Good performance from England, glad to see Crouchie scoring (at long f**kin last). More importantly , for me anyway, Norn Iron won. And i will still gloat over the win we had against England!!!
    Surprised there are no Utd ones in here gloating over that amazing cup they won and how they won it......... I think Wigan will take them when they play in the premiership, my personal opinion is that Paul Jewell should get the manager of the season award.

11. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

definatley. he has made a champions league contending spot team. they're not rich and he has had to do with what he has. he has turned small names like chimobnda into household names...he is great

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  12. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

What will those names do next season tough?
    It was a good year for them, they all connected very well this season, congrats to them.

Ktulu, what the hell happened last week in Portugal? Your Liverpool done nothing to deserve the quarters ticket so far... 3-0 jobbie at Anfield i hope...

13. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

Permiggs - your guess is as good as mine. Why the hell Rafa sticks with that donkey Morientes is beyond me. It has been the same all season, dominate the play and not hit a barn door. I would like to see Cisse or Fowler given the nod ahead of Mori, just to see if a partner ship could be struck up with Crouch (A very improved player but still a bit a wooden). Any chance you might get a new pitch with all the money you have???? I have seen better beaches to play football on

14. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

yh, that was disgraceful pitch...but chelsea want a new stadium, they cant be bothered to just stack a new layer on the stands and do the corners...wasting money...lol

15. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

wish i had the money to waste LOL. Will a bad pitch work against those who do not know how to play on it? Maybve it will show the real skill of the players?

16. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

well perosonelly i think it was there to mess up with baracs thinking...they would conectrate ont he pitch rather than the traiing, the pithches condition will always be in the back sof barcas mind...but it didnt help chelsea much lol

17. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

That it didn't, but i would fancy them to beat them when they meet again. I can only hope that the 'pool do Benfica over when they come to Anfield. As much as we can dominate the play, we just cannot seem to put the bloody ball in the back of the bloody net. My mates son is going to Anfield for the Benfica match (the lucky sod), i will have to settle for Sky coverage (i hope Andy Gray isn't commentating, really gets under my skin especially as he is an ex blue man).

18. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

i love his accent, i also hate ally mcoist, he is a real knob...

19. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

Can't complain too much much about Ally, ex rangers man LOL. At least he doesn't sit and talk crap for 90 mins like Andy, how far up Fergusons hole is he anyway??? Alan Hansen needs a boot up the ass, so full of his own self importance.

20. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

I heard Rom was forking out for a new pitch... About time he dropped a few bob for a new bit of grass... Didn't work with Barca, but to be honest nothing would stop Barca on that day, they were unstopable! Ronaldinho was out of this world!! Eto'o was deadly, Messi was the devil, and Deco... Jesus, what a player!! Talk about world class! Where was Lampy in the middle of those 'giants'?

I hope your Liverpool beats them, altough i understand your concern about those strikers... Crouch is the man of the moment(lol), Fowler had it really and Morientes... Well i never really rated him... As for Cisse, you know what he's capable of... Not a lot... A bit like Drogba...

I don't mind Andy Gray or Ally McCoist but i cannot stand Alan Hansen!