1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Thre... Errm... Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by permiggs, Feb 6, 2006.

1. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

anyone see that bloody display by the pool????? the linesman needs to get a pair of glasses. Great respect to the Addicks keeper, he played a blinder. I am beginning to feel that even if they had a shot on an open net that we couldn't score.

2. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

That goal was clean... Fowler was on side... Oh well... It's only 2 points... Cisse was brilliant on the right tough, he should keep him there more often.

3. hursty

hursty Active member

my team is leicester shitty,and yes,we are shite,but i love um

4. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

Did you guys see the WBA-Chelsea game? I'm getting sick of Mourinho and his attitude. What a bunch of...(insert your favourite adjective here) Like I said before, I used to like watching them before the russian takover but now the sooner someone puts them into their place the better. They deserve a good spanking in Barcelona! Then maybe they'll shut up. Although I don't think so, it's not in their character.

5. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

hursty, I reckon you'll end up with our 'gardening leave' manager, Ian Holloway.

6. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

With or without Red Rom, Mourinho would make a decent side out of Chelsea... Mourinho's cocky attitude is his trade mark...
    Just read this...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4392444.stm
    I love this one:
    Sadly i only watched about 20 minutes of the first half but for what i saw West Brom done nothing to deserve a point...
    Everyone atacks Chelsea from every angle... They just can't live with it... LOL

Leicester are on their way, aren't they?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  7. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

8. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Ronaldinho doesn't know british football - Not a lot of top players do untill they try it!
    In Spain, Italy, Portugal, France and even Germany(to a certain degree) football is played differently, it's slower, more tecnical, uglier... In Britain, we play fast football for 90 minutes... It's more physical as well... In Britain we still see most weekends bloody heads and noses... Broken legs happen a lot more often in here than everywhere else - fact!
    Every time a british team plays abroad, we always end up dubbing the other team as divers... Well, we are right most of the times, but the thing is that the referees actually protect the players by blowing the wistle at every contact... Makes them play for the ball and be more tecnical... Of course players will take advantage!
    British footy has come a long way in the last 10-12 years tough... Before we almost didn't have foreign players here... Or Managers! Now, look as Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea ... We even have a foreign national manager!! Hence us being more tecnical, don't just power our way forward like before... Not to mention that we have the most expensive league in Europe!

9. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

But Spain has better quality players, IMO.

10. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Yeah you're right Lethal! Very right actually! IMO aswell...
    The premiership players are well overpriced if you look at the asking price/quality ratio... The thing is, we have a lot of very rich football clubs compared to other leagues... I think we have something like 8 clubs in the top 20 richest clubs in the world! These clubs CAN afford to pay good wages...
    Look what happened to Mourinho's awesome FC Porto! How the hell could they hold players like Carvalho, Ferreira, Deco, Maniche and others... Out of that squad, only 2 still play there (McCarthy and Baia), and that was only 2 years ago!! And altough we can say we have a much better league than the portuguese do(no question there!) the fact is that in the last 9 or 10 games against them (including internationals) we lost!! (Good luck Pool'ers)
    In Spain we have 'little' clubs like Villareal that have better attacking options than Liverpool! Again they are not superstars like Newcastle's Owen, or Man Utd's Rooney or more scandalous Liverpool's Morientes and Chelsea's Drogba... Bring back Hasselbank, i say!
    I think we make superstars out of a lot of our players when in reality they aren't... Gerrard, Lampard and Henry are superstars for sure, no doubt about that... They play at the very same highest level year upon year... But apart from a few more names there's not a lot more than that... In Spain you have more superstars in Barca and Real alone than in the whole britain game... lol

11. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

How unlucky were Wigan last night? Lucky f***in UTD again. I really thought that the 'latics would do them over, and it would have been good for us as well. Now the scum are ahead of us with a game in hand. S**t i would have settled for a draw, hate to see them win anything.

12. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

I wouldn't worry too much about it mate! They will end up loosing again... They were VERY lucky!! LOL

13. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

just a little fact that Arsenal have never finsished outside the top 2 spot int he premiership more than 0nce under the rule of Wenger...thats great...shame we cant do it this year...Cmn chelsea tonight! Make England Proud :D

14. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Against the most balanced and creative team in the world we managed to create enough chances to really put up a proper fight. It's a shame that Mourinho hasn't got the same opinion as me and keep putting his money on Drogba...
    Oh well... There's more next year... :(

15. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

ronaldhinio=class...this man was spectacular yesterday, damn he needs to cme to england...chelsea played ok, i think it cold of been 2-0 to chelsea...the crespo shot just wide...and the penalty (which was jus given as a consulatation)

16. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

That would be a waste... I don't think his style suits the english football... I think he also said recently that he would never play here... Wonder why...

17. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

maybe the flippin diving...gets me vexed nowadays, its stupid way, just makes the game filthy...

18. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Our football is the easiest to cheat because we play physically... How many times have you felt like bashing the telly over a dive? Bloody Man Utd's Ronaldo loves the grass! He must collect grass samples!! Everytime you see him on the telly he's on the floor! :D

19. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

Ronaldo only has to see someone coming to him and he falls over. Either that or he trips over the blade of grass in front of him.

Has anyone got a couple of strikers??? We bloody need them. Would trade Morientes for a packet of cigs.

20. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

his days are over, early retirment i say...

Wohooo! arsenal are throgh!