1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Thre... Errm... Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by permiggs, Feb 6, 2006.

1. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Benitez did try to get Simao but he was not there... He's a superb player... Did you see the quality in that goal? Shame... Liverpool playing and them scoring...
    To be honest tough i think Benitez's mistake was to show he was scared of them in Portugal... They beat you down there, and done a normal counter-atack game here... It was one of those games that even if you played all night you wouldn't have got one in, but the quality of the Pool atackers was abismal! Morientes is becoming the flop of the decade after Spurs Postiga 2 years ago... The first half should have ended up 3-1... Koeman managed to close every door after the break and even Cisse and Fowler done nothing... Feel sorry for Gerard... Why did he get the yellow card? That assist to Crouch was half goal... And Traore... No comments on him!
    Really, too many mistakes to deserve to go through...

2. haimback

haimback Regular member

Only got the Liverpool one wrong so far, not too bad.
    Everyone fancy barca to win the it then?
    Still got a sneaky feeling its going to be one the italians myself.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  3. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

just warning you, You better keep an eye on Lyon...Might sound stupid, but reli ive seen them play recently, and they play an amzing football, and the finals in france...just watch that space...

4. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

I'll make these words mine... They're a very good outfit!

5. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

I agree. Lyon might just be the surprise package in this years cup. A foreign team will win it, even if it is Arsenal..LOL.

[​IMG]

6. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

ktulu14-btw you might wnat to change your name to Were Champiosn of Europe :p...Arsenal got Juve...we can do it!

7. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

8. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

@bombayboy, read my sig, changed and all. If any Man U supporters want to see the cup they won please visit Anfield and go for tour of the museum, where it is proudly on display along with the others

9. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Ok Ktulu... Stop rubbing it... LOL

10. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

hey permiggs, i will take all the braggin rites i can, we need them at the mo. hopin we beat arsenal on sunday, but i can't see it

11. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Well... If you manage to swap Gerrard (what the gunners need...) for Henry (what the Kops need)... You might have a slight chance... LOL

12. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

don't think stevie g would move, kop at heart of him. should never have loaned sinoma out, at least he was willing

13. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

Woot, we beat 'Pool today.
    Maybe we getting in form just in time to finish the season strong.

14. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

hehe Klut, heres my Comeback...2-1..And were Still in the Chapions League...:D

Gerrad What a Muppet!

15. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

That u r bombayboy. However, where was the english players in your team?
    I am not being racist by any means, but surely a team of arsenals standing have at least some english players in the side who are not injured???

Yes Stevie G is a muppet, but then so were most of the rest of them, Garcia gets worse the more i see him play, crouch doesn't know where the goal is, and why was Fowler only on the bench??? He needs to impress more, but he can't do that from sitting on his ass.
    I should change my sig back, we are STILL the champions of Europe, we hold the cup until someone else wins it!!!

16. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Hey Ktulu...
    Champions League holders or not, they still kicked your asses tough... That red card was pathetic...
    Remember this?
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

17. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

Well, its all this talk nowadays, English players are expensive!!! Why pay 10 Million (like West ham did for a player from the coca cola league) when you can get 2 or 3 foreighn players for the same amount. At Arsenal we dont look at passports but at the values and qualities...you telling me that if you had Henry and Gilberto and Fabregas you wudnt play them...BullS**T, of course you would...if you dont like the idea us flying the British Flag then Be in the chapions league and fly it yourself..wait you not in there...So shut the hell up

Amen

18. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Dunno Bombayboy...

That was a bit rough...

So what if Arsenal are still in tha CL? In terms of European silverware i think only R Madrid and Milan beat the Pools! If there is a team that flies the flag year after year that team IS Liverpool! Remember that in the last few years they brought 2 cups to UK! What has Arsenal EVER brought back?

Remember that i don't like the Pools any more than you!!

I had this argument with a portuguese friend of mine... He was comparing FC Porto and the so called 'big' british teams like your Arsenal and my Chelsea! They have won the CL twice, have a Uefa cup, European Super Cup, etc... What have we EVER achieved? A Cup winners cup when TV was still black and white and there was no live football?!?

19. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

no i get your point, bytw that arugement wasnt aimed at Klut =D just to people who dont see the arsenal Line out, and the Injury List,
    And no it wasnt harsh, its the only way you can get the message across with out getting the finger point at you, People think Arsenal as a push around team, when they play us its agressive, im not moaning makes the game interesting, but its funny when campbell walks into them or Henry gives them a stare... :D
    Well i dont think we have to, 49 games unbeaten proves my point

Wait what did Chelsea do for 50 years in the Premiership?

And i didnt recall me saying Liverpool havnt bought anything back lately, do you? I dont underestimate a team that has broght the CL cup to England 5 times...

btw klut did you see the sending off ysterday? lol was joke, he flippin tripped! lol poor dude

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  20. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Well, we almost had your record... Bloody Man Utd!! LOL
    In the last 50 years? Errr... 1.5 titles... ;)
    But we only just got Mourinho and Red Rom... \o/

Did you hear R Madrid offered Ronaldo to Liverpool for 5 mil? After Morientes and Fowler... Another big name with small game... LOL!!