1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Thre... Errm... Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by permiggs, Feb 6, 2006.

1. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

lol, Nether the less there is going to be some diving, i heard they might introduce a pink card for diving, get two and you off, just another rumour to pass my time =D

2. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

I think i heard that on the bbc last night with the charlton/middlesboro game. Personally, any divers should get a straight red, only way to get rid of it. The worst are the foreign players (and this is not a racist comment). I also have a love/hate relationship where garcia is concerned. he can do the business one minute, then totally f**k up the next. FRUSTRATION!!!! Almost as frustrating as Drogba......

3. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Drogba isn't too bad compared to Scum Utd's Ronaldo...

The thing is, there is a very fine line between a dive and a foul. How many times you watching a game, there's a case and you say 'DIVE!', then they show the replay from camera 1, and you go 'i told ya it was a dive!', but then they change to camera 2 where you can see the suble knock and you go 'well, it seemed like a foul from the other angle!'...
    There's a lot of players that actually get fouled in the box, but because of the whole apparatus of the scene, (mainly when they play away...) they end up getting the yellow card and not the penalty...
    Refs don't have two camera angles or slow motion, what they have is a split second to make a decision under the watching eyes of millions of people ready to hang them... And if they brought active replays into the game, it would last 3 hours, not 90 minutes... Can't be done! Can you imagine how many times the ref would have to look at the replays in a big classic game? LOL The game flow would be affected, the players rhythm would be affected... It would become a boring game. They already tried the microphone on the ref... They had to switch it off at half time, the swearing was that bad...LOL
    I don't like rugby (that much anyway) because of that very reason, too many stopages, makes it boring. I like our game when it is pacey, 90 minutes of fun...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there's another (even more)important issue to look at, other than the diving scene... The off-side rule needs desperate attention! In every game there's mistakes from the linesmen, how many times you seen Henry being stoped by a bad off-side decision?
    I normally say that they make mistakes to appear on the telly, so they can say 'Mom, did you see me on the telly?', but after you loose a few games, you start thinking about the BAD off-side decisions you had in the games against you... You start thinking 'That would be a place in the CL'...
    It's like, in case of doubt, you benefit the attacking team, i mean, that's part of the rules right? How come you get so many mistakes when the attacker would be inline with the last defender, and the linesman waves it off?
    Mourinho always says that nowadays games are won on details... Pacey attackers always get done by this rule... Just look at Henry... How many times has he been done wrong?

What do you guys think of that?

4. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

[bold]Arsenal Beat the best the Italians have to offer! 2-0!Move over Juve![/bold]

HAHA!See the look on Vieras face, i respect his duties at the club, but all the talk he has made "No hunger at highbury" and crap, well seeing his face at the end felt gooood!

5. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

Well, I didn't post to this thread for a while, but have to say this, it looks like we might dispatch Juve ! Now if we do, I want to hear what Viera has to say after the game. Something like want to play for a team who has a chance to win the CL.
    Good showing today Gunners !

6. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

No Del Piero, no Nedved... A tiny pitch... 2-0... As you guys know, Arsenal isn't hardly one of my favorite teams... But... Congrats anyway... At least we'll have a brit team there... ;)

Got 20 quid on Lyon for tonight... GO LYON!!!