1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For sale: New custom PC with Ubuntu 7.10 installed

Discussion in 'Sell your stuff' started by tatsh, Mar 17, 2008.

1. tatsh

tatsh Member

Okay, so I had this on eBay for a week, it never reached reserve price. It only got about half way towards that on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280207830634

Here are the hardware specs:
    Case: LOGISYS Computer Area 51 CS51WSL Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 480W power supply
    Motherboard: MSI K9N6SGM-V AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 (integrated card) Micro ATX AMD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130068
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz Socket AM2 45W Single-Core
    RAM: 2 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
    Hard drive: HITACHI Deskstar 7K160 HDS721616PLA380 (0Y30006) 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
    DVD Drive: LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model DH-20A4P-04

Comes with a keyboard and mouse.

If you are looking for a 'seedbox', or a computer that runs Linux well, or you just want to pirate Windows onto it, this computer will do it all. It may not run the latest games but it is upgradable with one PCI-ex x16 slot available. Once you put a new card in, the onboard card is disabled.

Here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basically, my friend and I are thinking it might be possible to have a profitable business selling computers with Ubuntu on them (since Windows costs money and we want to be all legitimate about selling Windows). But since this was our first try, it might have been a little flawed (see the eBay page). We will probably try again and try to make the next one better.

I'm asking for $350 shipped, as this helps me cover the cost of the eBay flop (which I really need to do) and shipping to everywhere. If you think this is too high, then please post here. However, I probably will not go any lower than $320 which covers at least shipping and the cost of the hardware.

My PayPal is [NOEMAILSALLOWED@AFTERDAWN.COM]

If I don't get a response, then this will probably be relisted with a lower price on eBay. I have no usage for this machine and it was bought solely for the purpose of selling away for profit, not for myself.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Then this will, as per forum rules, be the one and only that you sell here correct? Also, posting any sort of email address isn't allowed. The guidelines for this forum ask that all personal information be given via private messages.

3. tatsh

tatsh Member

Yes. This will be the one and only sold here. Sorry about the email.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Just clearing things up :)

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@tatsh

This is just my 2 cents concerning your business venture. But if i was you I would only build 1 or 2 PC "models" and always build them the same. With this you could post auctions with the pictures you have since they would match the finished product and wait till after purchase to buy the parts. That way you aren't spending your money to buy the hardware and risking not having anything get built. So you could offer a/this PC on a eBay auction and say "ships in 1-2 weeks" or whatever, and once the sale goes through then buy the PC parts. Once the parts arrive build it a.s.a.p. and get it shipped out. Since you are using the same parts you also won't have as many issues with troubleshooting Ubuntu because it will always be the same setup.