1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

for those who bought dvd2one please help

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by stagfish, Jan 28, 2003.

1. stagfish

stagfish Guest

couple of questions , did you get you code by email or mail , the site is a bit confusing about that , and also if I rip with decrypter in file mode can I select everything or just what file mode selects for me!!! will a 8 gig movie go on 1 4.7???
    please help before buy it!!!

stagfish

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

About the code I don't know. I have read in a tutorial that you have to select file mode and and let DVD Decrypter select the main movie BUT you need to highlight the first 3 VIDEO_TS files, then use IFO Edit or something similar the re author the files into a working VIDEO_TS folder. From there you would use DVD2One to re encode or re mux (I'm not sure the correct term) and then Burn the VIDEO_TS folder (and add an AUDIO_TS folder to make sure it works). Dex

3. wetcat

wetcat Guest

DVD Decrypter will automatically select the movie file and that is all you need to rip in file mode. Just put it in a folder, start dvd21 and tell it where the movie is. It will encode it and put it in another destination folder. Then put it in Nero or whatever you use and you're done.

4. newtoy

newtoy Guest

Hey wetcat,
    Maybe this is my problem ! In Decrypter, I went into file mode, then instead of leaving just the main movie selected (which happens automatically)
    I selected all the other files as well. I then
    ran the trial version of DVD2one on these files
    and burned them using RecordNow Max v4.5 trial.

The resulting 30-minute vid plays great on my DRU500a, but plays like 1 second of each chapter, then automatically jumps to the next chapter, etc etc until the end.

Does this possibly explain my set top playback problem ?

Thanks !
    newtoy

5. RobertH

RobertH Member

You make the payment though the link on the DVD2one website. They wouldn't accept my AMEX card, but did take Visa. Immediately after the payment was made I got an email from DVD2one with a user name, key # and instructions about how to download the program. Worked just fine - no problems.

I just use Smartripper to rip ALL of the files on the DVD into a subdirectory on my hard disk. I then start DVD2one, tell it which subdirectory to find the ripped files in, tell it another directory where I want to put the new compressed files and let it do its thing. 30 minutes later I've got 4.3 gigs of files in thad directory and I burn them to a DVD using Nero.

It really works well.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I stand corrected, the tutorial was updated since. The way wetcat says is correct. Dex

7. dvdkiller

dvdkiller Member

I used smartripper. Click on file mode then it ticks all movie vobs manually click on video ts/ifo/bup then rip it.
    when complete use dvd2one to convert. I i used nero dvd video wizard to burn and it worked great except movie ended 5 mins early.

8. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

9. dbmdude

dbmdude Member

I also had the same trouble.

I used DVD Decrypter to create the IFO and VOB files (i let DVD Decrypter pick the ones. I did not change that selection). I then used DVD2One to put it on one DVD and it worked except it ended early also. Does any one o\know if there is any info around on how to solve this problem.

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Use DVD Decrypter (default make no changes if you are unfamiliar, otherwise filemode is recommended but default ifo mode always seems to work) to rip with, use DVD2one to compress and select only 1 audio file such as 6 channel ac3. The more selections you make the lower the video quality will be. For burning I recommend using CopyToDvd. This has given me a 100% success rate.

11. dbmdude

dbmdude Member

Sophocles: I did everything you just said, except I burned it using NERO... anyone else have any thoughts on this combination??

Last edited: Mar 14, 2003
  12. loaded

Guys, with DVD2ONE you ONLY need the vob files of the main movie and the ifo file with the same suffix. With SmartRipper you need to select the ifo and with DVD Decrypter it selects it automatically, in file mode of course, with both of them.

Paul.

13. dbmdude

dbmdude Member

I have done this... and it did not work. I read a guide here that clearly states you need ALL the files from file mode of DVD Decrypter. When I did this, the file on the new backedup DVD ended early and I know this is a common problem, but I cannot seem to find an answer for it.
    The link is: http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/dvd-9_to_dvd-r_with_dvd2one.cfm

<quote>
    Select all files
    Now, in the right you should see a list of files found on your DVD-Video disc. Only some of them are selected by default, but you should use shift button ja mouse to select all the files in the list.
    <unquote>

So if you can, tell me what I am doing wrong. I have never used any interim proggys like IFOedit... and even if I did I would not even begin to know how to use it... Any help here also would be appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2003
  14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If it works then use it, I only suggested CopyToDvd and DVD2one because there was a collaboration between the Author of both the applications that cause them to work as one. I also use Nero but it is not quite as simple and as effective.

15. whompus

whompus Active member

dbmdude
    I have used dvd2one on many kiddy movies for my grandson and not had that problem. It sounds like an ifo issue though. What you can try is if you still got the folder dvd2one made for you go into it and move the ifo and bup files somewhere else. Then open ifoedit click on create ifos and point to the first vob in the set and it will do the rest. After it has worked its magic close ifoedit then reopen it and chose open and point to the video_ts.ifo and click get vts it will ask if you want to save bups also tell it yes. Then test it again this should make the movie play to the end. Do this on rw or even use windvd or whatever dvd player software you use and tell it to open dvd from folder to see if it is complete now.

Hope this helps

16. dbmdude

dbmdude Member

whompus: I tried that... and it worked, THANK YOU!! I only have one more question for you... do you think this step should happen with every movie for safety’s sake? What I mean to say is, if I do this every time even if the movie would have been fine this could prevent any occurrences of this phenomena of ending early.

Yhank You again

17. whompus

whompus Active member

I think it mostly depends on the movie but will not hurt to do it on all to be safe. Just a bit more time.

18. scotsdavy

scotsdavy Guest

i must agree with Sophocles, i use the same programmes & it works 99% of the time. i also use a Sony 500-AX

19. loaded

Sorry for the late reply, I was away.

The guide, which is meant for everyone to use, states that all files should be selected because it is easier to suggest that, than to get some people, who might be newbies, to select the one other actual file that you need with DVD2ONE to process it through properly.

If you are using Nero, use the DVD-VIDEO function in new compilation and leave the settings as they are.

Works for loads of DVD Players, which I have tested personally.

Maybe you could have a media issue.

Paul.

20. scotsdavy

scotsdavy Guest

mine only burns +dvd`s with nero that way & not -dvd`s!