1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Format choice

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Toughsox, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Toughsox

Toughsox Member

Ok, Ive read all the guides, scoured thru all types of software, now my question.
    Whats the best way to convert an AVI to make it look pretty decent on a 57' wide screen tv? I have a CD-R, a DVD Burner, and enough horsepower to convert them into DVD, SVCD, and MPEG files.....and while they all look pretty decent on my 32" tube tv, I just wanted to know if its feasible to make them look good on a DVD player on my big-screen tv.
    Thanx for any help you guys can give me.

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

its a HDTV right ?
    so i would say it will not look good. unless its a 16:9 source and unresized. meaning the file you download has a 16:9 tag. which avi does support but players ignored them. so avi you download will be 640xXXX.

you could resize it and use avisynth to upsampled it.
    http://forum.doom9.org/

your normal method will not look so good. and some of the filtering method will look slightly better. not much you can do if the source is already crappy.

3. Toughsox

Toughsox Member

Thank you so much for the input.....guess I'll just stick to watching it on my 32", where it looks just fine. =)