1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Format Factory 3.0.1 help needed for Video TS to AVI

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by lon, Mar 25, 2013.

1. lon

lon Regular member

Format Factory is a freeware program. Respond if you are using the program currently.

I am confused about how to convert Video TS to AVI (or MP4) using this tool. Other tools such as Wondershare File Converter Ultimate leave a watermark on their trial versions. Format Factory should produce a clean AVI or MP4.

I also have AGK (Auto Gordian Knot) but the VTS files failed to load because AGK encountered an audio error of the type: ??? AC3 2ch.

I am able to view the VTS file set using VideoLan player. The goal is to repackage the black and white movie content in a small file size.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

It's unlikely it will process menus so use dvd shrink to strip main movie then cut front & end frames (intro & outro frames basiclly junk you don't need,which leaves more for better quality encode),select languages you want to keep or not then save it to where ever ,then use use ff again however me personally i use staxrip for producing avi

or vidcoder or handbrake for mp4 as there are more options for output & yes i have ff installed i only use it if i have too which so far has been once

edit: black & white would suggest really old movie which in all likely hood was recorded on tape,it would pay to cut say a 500mb segment out with dvdshrink then attempt to encode to say 200mb avi or mp4 or whatever to give an idea of how much compression can be given before a really bad fuzzy or pixalted picture appears or a better way of putting it snow looking ewwwwww

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013