1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Category Suggestion

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by stilts07, Feb 17, 2007.

1. stilts07

stilts07 Member

I would like to suggest a forum category just about proxy servers and how to bypass them. If there already is one on some other website, i would like to have the link to it.

Also, like a main thread about a really good detailed tutorial on how to bypass proxies.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you mean use proxies to bypass other crap?

yeah, for the most part, every responsible member on AD refuses to help with that crap, as it's mainly kiddies trying to break the rules in school or slobs trying to rip off their places of employment by fooling around on the clock.

it's just not gonna happen.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

man AUSLANDER you never broke the rules when it came to getting over on the MAN???lol

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

sure i break the rules, but i figure out ways to do it myself and don't create moral issues by asking others to incriminate themselves. i do my own research and will not make it easier for others to slip through the cracks of a system.

when more than a few slip through the gaps, the gaps get tightened up.

you're in school to learn, and you're at work to be productive. neither comes from getting around internet blocks. if you've got them at home, it's because your parents deem something inappropriate for you. as you're in your parents house and can't find a way to get around it yourself, that's just a problem you'll have to deal with growing up. if you're in a country that has restrictive laws on what can be seen online, then guess what? you're country is farked up. overthrow the government or move.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well seeing im 37yo and not in school, and im 3rd incharge here at my work. i dont care if my guys surf the net like i am doing right now, while im at work. just as long as the job gets done and it does and hasnt had any problem with the guys finding ways around proxies and such, when they get some free time. and theres nothing wronmg with someone asking for help. not everyone is in the same league when it comes to computers, if everyone knew everything there wouldnt be a AFTERDAWN or any other type of forum to get information...

just my 2 cents thats all

edit to add.
    i agree kids shouldnt be trying to get around the protection put on a puter they need protected from the internet, if there was more protection maybe KIDDYNATION here at AD wouldnt be so bad.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007