1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum room pages cached now -- might delay showing your post slightly

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Jul 20, 2005.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

We added a caching of whopping 90 seconds for the forum room index pages (the ones with forum_view.cfm). This means that it updates every 1min 30 seconds, so if you start a new thread, it wont appear immediately within the forum's thread list. This was done in order to remove the number of database queries in forums. It might be that we look into ways to make it so that creation of a new thread will automatically also "flush" the particular forum room's index cache, but this wont happen until August (I'm off to some sort of a holiday soon).

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I like this feature, it should come in handy and take some load off the server (maybe), the ONLY negitive is if something is hot at the moment you could get some double threads. All is good though keep up the awesome site dRD.

P.S. Is this why you created the "Threads without replys" button? ;)

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I was one that was a victim of the double thread but as long as people stay educated with the Forum News and Announcments (like this one) they should know what to expect.

I think it's a good move dRD.