1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum rules revised

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by Ketola, Nov 21, 2005.

1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

grandslam, quality not quantity counts. possible you are in between transition dates so have patience.
    Newbie to Junior Member -- 25 posts
    Junior Member to Member -- 100 posts
    Member to Senior Member -- 500 posts
    Senior Member to Addict -- 2500 posts
    anyone to Moderator -- determination and bribes to admins
    anyone to Admin -- decent six-figure (euros or dollars, we are not picky) lump sum to AfterDawn's Swiss bank account

2. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

I'd just like to ask; where do you get that scale from ddp? Very funny!

I was going to say something, but I'm convinced that these changes are fair and are properly executed by the staff and faculty at AD. It doesn't diminish someones right of speech, but will if it totally offends many people (as I might have during a rant I did a while back).

Afterdawn is a very friendly site to newbies at large, and I hope for it to stay like that, and even though I don't see it as much a problem, at a psychological level, I'm assuming, people tend to be more cruel or biased towards people that have lower ranks than them (ie, Newbies to Members, etc.). It can be explained as one of humans basic instincts in some respects, that's just what I think of the situation.

Ohh, is my sig okay? I just added a new part to it, and wondered if it was okay to have some "mild" volgarities in the quote. I'm also going to try to tone down some of my objections a bit in language, but at the same time, I'm not going to fully release my perspective on things I find wrong or whatever.

I'm definitly going to exercise my right as a consciencious user on this site!

[bold]Psssssst! Up here, ddp![/bold]
    After reading that, I think I want to limit the amount of replies I give and instead post an edit before anybody can post afterwards. I also found it funny that [bold]andmerr[/bold] was talking about how he disliked how AD was getting political, but was giving several examples how the structure of the site would change for the rest of them. Of course that was over a year ago, and his opinions might have changed, but I still find it funny.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  3. ddp

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah rikoshay, as funny as it is, those stats are VERY correct. i had to sell off 2 of my kids just to become a mod here!

5. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

LMAO! That's very funny! I guess when it comes to the pursuit of happiness, the first ones sacrificed are the women and children! LOL!

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ Rikoshay:

my outlook is less these days to what it was back then.It always helps when its put in perspective.Ive been here about 3 or so years and there are still politics in everything but it doesnt really worry me anymore.

7. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Ohh, that's cool. I didn't really mean anything by it, I just found some humor in the idea. It's true though, everything nowadays has to wind up in politics, so in turn it turns into a debate about "who did what" and "What was that?" at just about every corner.

8. grandslam

grandslam Member

sry for asking a retarted question about ranking up

9. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Nonsense!!

Everyone gets curious from time to time, human nature :)

10. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Yeah, I don't think it's dumb, that's why I asked where to get the thread (not really, but I didn't know that it was posted on a forum). I still don't really care for rank much, and I feel that it should have been based more slowly than right now, like, your status changes on how your outlook on life changes, and how much more helpful and insightful you get.

From Lethal_B:
    That's so true! If it wasn't for curiosity, we wouldn't have things like forums or anything like that! Most anybody would be willing to try something new and explore their curiosities, that's how we grow and learn. :)

11. jackprat

jackprat Guest

how the hell can you say andmerr was talking all political when you come out with a vocabulary like that? edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2005
  12. jackprat

jackprat Guest

well ill excuse myself,but i have helped loads of people since i joined in october! edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2005
  13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@jackprat - i've just asked you on another thread, to edit your sig and get rid of the hacker stuff. the Admins don't believe you didn't do it and i won't believe you if you say you cannot now change it. you put the cat in the sig since yesterday but haven't taken out the text

14. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

the only thing he's helped is himself to Maxburns KillerCat

15. Lethal_B

Well I don't think you are helping now. Edit out your sig please

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  16. Lethal_B

With that statement and the fact that you are now taking other peoples sigs (not to mention the other pointless forums)...

I do not like you. ~ I have not said that to [bold]anyone[/bold] here on afterdawn yet, even those of whom I may have got into mini-flames with from time to time. People's sigs are their individuality and taking it from them and the using it as your own is spiteful and not in the spirits of the forum. Do yourself a favour and drop this whole 'hacker' thing.

17. ddp

jackprat, delete the text or we delete you from this site. you have 24 hrs from this post to do it.

18. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

someone else's sig was taken?

19. ddp

Maxburns KillerCat is being used by Jackprat with perrmisson i don't know.

20. andmerr

andmerr Guest

WELL my nose is out of joint no one seems to be ripping mine off..lol