1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum search temporarily disabled

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, May 28, 2006.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Just got to nail a spammer's every post. Ah, it feels good :)

2. dr.cool

dr.cool Guest

@ nephilim i wish i had your job there r a few people i would like to show a lesson like that t3hReb3l he liked to cause trouble thanx for banning him LOL

3. Nephilim

Anything for you dr.cool ;)

4. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

so... when was the last time a day went by that someone didn't get banned from afterdawn.

There's like a new ban per day around here lately.

5. dr.cool

dr.cool Guest

at oofrome to many flame wars u see im not normally like that but some people irratate me so i wanna provoke them, but thanx nephilim u make me feel special!

6. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

hhmmmmm...wonder who dr.cool's talking about LMAO

7. dr.cool

dr.cool Guest

@ svstang lets put it this way his name starts with an s and rhymes with mustang. can u solve my riddle?

8. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

hmmmmmm.....let me think about it for a while...nope i quit LOL by the way who is
    ? U Always type that, never seen that member?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  9. Nephilim

Without the console forums I wouldn't be surprised to see days without bannings. Unfortunately there are quite a few youngsters who haven't been taught manners or respect and they love to show it in the console forums. It really bothers me but in a way that may surprise some. For every ill mannered punk there's one or two idiots that haven't fulfilled their responsibility as a parent. If I had a kid and caught him doing some of the crap I see done here that kid would be sitting in a room with a nothing but a mattress and a light - everything else would be taken away till he decides to use the manners I taught him.

I keep having this weird dream that a wave of maturity washes over the console forums and everyone suddenly starts debating the virtues of their favorite console in an adult manner without acting like crybaby punks. Better keep dreaming I guess.

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

day dreams or sleep dreams??

11. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

That would be great. But like u said, keep dreaming, ppl dont care boutthe facts, they just get defensive to the point of throwing insults at one another.

PS - U are included in my aD entrance exam for prospective members Neph, dont ban me LOL

12. dr.cool

dr.cool Guest

i try to debate with facts most of the time but when you're not talking to a person face to face alot of people wanna seem tough and cool, but make themselves look retarted, but neph i think u need help running the consoule forums i guess i have to fulfill my duties and become a moderator. and out of curiosity wat is the amount of posts u have?

13. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

LMFAO

14. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

Well why don't you chime in from time to time instead of staying in the shawdows and appearing when there is a complaint or flame war or something?
    I know you're in a position of responsibility, but that doesn't mean you can't put in your two cents once in a while, does it?

Or maybe that's just me. In the other forum(s) I frequent, a lot of mods and administrators are just as active in the social discussions as the other members.

:-/

15. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

social discussions in the "general discussion" forums, yes. -- everyone's allowed to do that. Neph is talking about the way people behave in the console forums. Fanboys, and those who generally don't show any respect for others' opinions portray the gaming forums in a bad light.

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

the reason some of us don't 'chime in' in threads in console forums is i guess twofold, we're either not into consoles (or just have no need to talk/ask about them), or more than likely it's because those kind of forums can numb the brain after only a few minutes. i've spent enough time in there moderating to put me off kids for life (too late for me i have 2 amazing kids LOL) or discussing anything with any kids, anywhere, never mind getting involved in threads as opposed to just moderating; it's like being in McDonalds at the weekend, or one of those places to take tiny tots (Wacky Warehouse for instance), where they go around screaming and just being tots.

17. Nephilim

I don't chime in much in the console forums because I don't know much about them, I'm a die hard PC gamer. The one and only console I owned was some sort of Nintendo that used cartridge games I believe. I remember there was a 007 game for it that I played the heck out of :)

18. dr.cool

dr.cool Guest

yea ivowned almost every consoul, i don't wanna name them all off, but for me i live in minnesota (america) and 6 or 7 months out of the it snows and i get snowed in alot so when that happens i don't gott alot to do but surf the web and play video games.
    @ neph 007 rules!

19. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

LOL, whats a cartridge? Jibberish, I say:)

20. Nephilim

I grew up on cartridges. I remember my dad bringing home a Pong console (no cartridges - only one game) and I remember coutless hours spent on an Atari, then a Coleco and Intellivision :)