1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forums now running on a load balancer

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by Ketola, Apr 1, 2005.

1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

2nd that opinion & sig!!!

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

lol, I pulled it off some random site. I can't even remember where it was. I am glad you two like it.

3. gear79

gear79 Guest

is this what got him 'inactive' status. i had been following this thread since it started, last night he was still good, and today, the 'ole boot !

$$$,$$$ <----- does that count as a 6 figure? heck, all i need now is the Swiss bank account number, and a PIN # and i'm set !

@ketola
    did that load balancer have anything to do with just locking up totally? i tried a reply in a thread, locked up on me, thought it was my end, so i retried, did the same thing..

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

@gear79, This thread started and sort of died back in April. Then our inactive friend started it up again in the last few days. Just so you know the main topic in kinda old.

Jerry

5. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

GUILTY!! :p Yeah, I am addicted to in that sense Jerry. lol

6. kinza

kinza Regular member

I noticed that when I click for emails if the threads update, whenever the threads update i dont get emailed. like i get 1 in 15 emails. this just began with the server problems a couple of days ago.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

sometimes that's a blessing in disguise LOL. my work's Blackberry hardly gets any work emails, just nonstop afterdawn mails (which s fine) and i've noticed for quite some time that i'll get a mail, check the post straight away and there's been a few replies before the one i was emailed about. it could be that it's s'posed to be that way ?, ie it may be clever enough to only mail once if there's a few replies in short succession. but i s'pose it's not that - i would imagine that a mail is auto-sent after each reply..

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  8. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

The emailing thingy is supposed to work like this:

If you don't visit the thread (either by clicking the link in the email or by reading it via our site directly when you're logged in), you get only maximum of one email per 24 period per thread, even when there have been gazillion posts to the thread. But this 24h period gets reseted every time you either a) click the link in the email or b) visit the thread when logged in.

Please note also that the above doesn't apply to news comments as of yet, its something that has been on my "to-do list" for ages..

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

cheers for clarifying dRD, that makes sense now. gonna edit my previous reply slightly, it may have looked like i was moaning but wasn't - gonna add a LOL in there or somthing :)

10. kinza

kinza Regular member

ahhh, now i understand the weird email times