1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forward Skip at start of New Chapter?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by F43, Feb 27, 2005.

1. F43

F43 Member

Hello :)

Here's my dilemma on recent backups played on my standalone. I notice a 10 second forward 'skip' once a new chapter begins about 1/2 way into a movie with 33 chapters? Sometimes the chapter (7-8 minutes) will play fine, BUT when the disk/player naturually advances to next chapter I noticed that same 10 second forward skip, what is going on?

Here's the specs of my hardware/software: Samsung TS-H552B writer, Fuji -R 8X disks (Japan), re-authored with Shrink (no compression needed), burned with DVDD at only 2X!

Playback (from backup DVD-R) seems to be fine on my burning computer. Is this likely to be solely a 'standalone' problem? Do you think my backup is probably perfect? BTW, disk is spotless (no dust) and I did a 'verify' while burning.

Thanks for any advice? I am guessing I might be instructed to buy one of those $35 players? Advice for a good combo of media/standalone?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I would guess a media problem. Sometimes the burn program that you use can also make a difference, e.g. I've noticed that Nero creates more stable results than DVDSanta.