1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found a solution: V600 + Mobile PhoneTools + Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by mossyy, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

I know a lot of people have been having problems connecting their V600s to the Mobile PhoneTools software via Bluetooth. After a lot of messing around, I finally found a way to make it work. Note, you MUST be able to establish a Bluetooth connection to your phone from your computer in order for this to work (e.g. "My Bluetooth Places").

-Install the latest version of the MPT software and run LiveUpdate

-Start the software, open the default profile, and cancel out of the connection type screen

-When the program opens with the generic phone/skin selected, hit F6 to go into the manual setup

-Click the Communication tab and change the modem to the Bluetooth modem, then select the V600 from the device selection screen

-After you exit the setup, the skin should change to the V600 and it MIGHT connect to the V600

-If it doesn't, initialize the Dial-up Networking Gateway to the phone via Bluetooth (you can do this through "My Bluetooth Places," or the Bluetooth tray icon)

-You will see the BT icon turn green (if you have it set up correctly) and the dial-up networking window will pop up

-With the icon still green, refresh the Mobile PhoneTools display (or exit and restart the program, or open and close the setup screen)

-It should connect! Now whenever I open the MPT software, I don't even have to initialize the Bluetooth modem. It does it automatically.

Let me know if this works for anyone! I hope it was helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.