1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freaky modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by herc, Nov 11, 2004.

1. herc

herc Member

I have a modded early xbox and have taken much interest in the newer mod chips available so I wanted to see if I could find out what chip i have installed.So i removed hd removed dvd drive all i could see was soldered points on the normal place on the board where you would normally find your mod chip.
    So without a further a do i removed the motherboard only to turn it over and find the same but NO CHIP im very puzzled as this runs back ups and imports but has no chip as far as i can see any ideas? i have evo x 1.8 2594 running but it will not work with slayers auto installer :( i have tried various versions

2. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

You have a flashed TSOP. i.e. the chip on the motherboard holding the bios has been flashed with a hacked bios allowing you to run backups and such. The downside to the method is that you can't turn it "off" to go on Xbox Live.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  3. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

So the Slayers disc wont work for you? what exactly happens and what are you trying to do exactly?

4. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

If you mean that Slayer's desn't boot, make sure your DVD drive reads the media you are using.

5. herc

herc Member

damn ive been had and my brother too how can i update the bios on this xbox any ideas i dont want to end up with a doorstop!!

6. herc

herc Member

Also if anyone knows in the uk where i can buy a motherboard for the xbox let me know please