1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Hard dive space and still access the files

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by AndreL, Jan 5, 2008.

1. AndreL

AndreL Regular member

This program copies files and puts them on a span or one DVD or CD where the files are accessible and doesn't do a backup when it spans many discs and but all the files that were backed up in to "One" file

Msbckup copy mode backup will not work cause it puts all the files in one uncompressed or compressed file and you must restore the file to use the files in the backup file.

I need a program like this http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2037102,00.asp but I'm hoping Nero has a program in it that does the same thing. - PackEm IN

2. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Nero has Nero BackItUp, but's about as useful the Windows BackUp Utility, it doesn't really do anything but help you select useful files which you might want to backup; like system config files, memory/kernel dumps, etc...

It should come with most versions of Nero as long as you selected it to be installed during setup.

3. AndreL

AndreL Regular member

But those put all the files in one file to be backed up and to play the file you have to restore the whole back up or part of the backup to play the file.

4. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Yeah they create an Image file to compress the contents.
    If you want the view the contents individually and select what you want to backup you can just mount on it on a virtual drive tool like Daemon Tools.

5. AndreL

AndreL Regular member

I just want to put the cd or DVD in the drive and play my movie not put the image on a disc and then mess around with some software to play it.

6. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

You can't if your going to have mixed data on a Backup Disc. You'd have to copy it to your HD first then play it.

If you want to Backup your films so their on a playable format than you can make a VCD/SVCD/DVD disc or whatever so you can play them right away.

In that case, that's not really BackingUp, either way if you want to do that, depends what format your movies are in. If it's AVI/DivX then use DVDFlick, great, freeware program that converts a lot of common formats like AVI, MPG, MOV, WMV, ASF, FLV, etc.. to DVD format.

Here's a link: http://www.dvdflick.net
    It's easy to setup and use, if you run into any problems PM me.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  7. AndreL

AndreL Regular member

This is what I want to do just copy the files to disc and play them directly of the disc with my drive(not DVD Player). That progam copies the file and arranges them so that no disc space is wasted on the disc.

8. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

This is what I want to do just copy the files to disc and play them directly of the disc with my drive(not DVD Player). That progam copies the file and arranges them so that no disc space is wasted on the disc.

I still have no clue what your on about?
    I just told you how to convert them into a playable format so you can play them right off the disc.
    DVDFlick does that. Are you having problems burning or converting?

If your talking about just making a data disc and playing movies right off the disc than use Nero, create a Data DVD/CD (Nero Express is the easiest way to do this), and run the movies right off the disc.
    Although you might get some choppy playback and so on..