1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free multi-user PC software

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by cheesysocks, Oct 16, 2012.

1. cheesysocks

cheesysocks Member

Hi,

As you have read from the title of this post, I am searching for a FREE multi-user pc software. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this concept, you can read about it here:
    Miniframe sells great software (softxpand) for this purpose and I am using their free trial at the moment. It is easy to setup and does exactly what it says. I have not yet tried gaming on both monitors at the same time yet but watching video on 1 and playing game on the other works great for me. I will add test results later.
    Another payable similar software I found is "betwin". Does the same but is more expensive.
    I was wondering if someone has more knowledge and experience in this field and could suggest a great software for multi-user pc which is FREE?

I would appreciate your help!

2. Yairf

Yairf Member

Not exactly free, but look for discount coupons on ebay.

3. cheesysocks

cheesysocks Member

Thanks Yairf for the tip. Like you said not entirely free but at least we are getting closer :)

Btw, I've tried running Torchlight yesterday on both machines simultaneously and it worked like a charm on max settings. Moreover, I was able to establish a lan cooperative game!

My system is:
    Win7
    i7 920
    6GB ram
    geforce 260 GTS 1GB