1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free or pay converters, which one to choose?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Topojaf, Feb 8, 2010.

1. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I never had that issue...
    What did you use to rip the movie to your HD? It is possible the encryption wasn't fully removed.
    Edit:
    I see you mentioned "youtube videos"- That's what you converted?

Any_Video_Converter will download and convert the Youtube videos to whatever format you want. Choose "Customized MP4 movie in the profile"

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. WoCat

WoCat Member

Thanks, I've got the free version and downloaded some youtube videos with it, has a good quality, but what I don't like is that it's speed isn't so high. And the free version can only to download youtube videos and it doesn't convert iTunes.
    Thanks anyway...

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

It's more than fast enough for me...
    As for converting iTunes, those come with DRM, right? Then no, it doesn't convert them.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  4. WoCat

WoCat Member

Well, thanks, I'll keep this one to download youtube videos and I'll keep looking for a drm remover. I'd be great if I find a software which will do all of those actions, because I don't like to have two media software on my pc. But until I find that software, I'll stick with this one. :)

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

For DRM remove and converter, look at Tunebite.

6. WoCat

WoCat Member

hmmm, thanks, very quickly answer, I don't have time right now, but I'll definitely try Tunebite over the weekend and I'll let you know. I saw that it's a paid one but as I said I don't mind to pay for a good software.
    Thanks again..

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

You will not find a lot of free software that will remove DRM.

8. WoCat

WoCat Member

Well, I know that, because I've searched a lot to find a free and good drm removal, unfortunately didn't find any. Anyway, I've tried that Tunebite you recommended to me, its free version until now because I'm thinking to buy it. It converted just 1 min from the file, as it's limited to protected files, but honestly I liked the quality of that file. And besides this 1 min conversion I downloaded many youtube videos as its free version allows me to record youtube videos on my pc. So, if I but Tunebite, I'll give up of Any Video Converter since Tunebite can also download and convert youtube videos.
    Thank you very much for your suggestion, it's very helpful and worked nice.

9. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I don't know what you want to do with the Youtube videos, however, you don't need/shouldn't use an extra software to download them, unless thhat software downloads them directly, with no conversion form youtube. I use the "Downloadhelper" extension in Firefox, and the files are download directly in MP4 format form the browser,without being converted. If they get converted, you will lose quality.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  10. WoCat

WoCat Member

It's not that I want Tunebite especially to download youtube videos, but if I buy it to remove the drm and it has this youtube downloading feature, why not use it? :D And Tunebite downloads the youtube videos directly in the formats I want, more exactly I select the format I want to be downloaded before the download begins and the video is saved directly in the format I want. And the quality of the videos I downloaded is pretty nice.