1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free program to convert divx/xvid to wmv?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by DragonRM, Mar 6, 2007.

1. DragonRM

DragonRM Member

Heya... did a search but it was kinda iffy. Just wondering if there's a good free program out there to convert stuff to wmv for streaming through my xbox only. I prefer divx/xvid to store... but wouldn't mind setting up a folder for stuff I'm meaning to watch so I can do it easier on the 47" in another room :)

2. DragonRM

DragonRM Member

Oh... was also wondering is it possible to get xvix/divx to work on quicktime player for the pc... I already have the codec but it prompts me to redownload it and it still doesn't work. Someone had suggested to me to just use quicktime and export it... but I can only do that if I can open them :p

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

You really need to check out MythTV which is a streaming application and more.

http://www.controlaltdeleted.com/xb...ation/how_to_install_mythtv_on_your_xbox.html

For playing divx/xvid anything that plays avi will do as long as you have the codecs installed. The quicktime player isn't really suitable. Does power dvd play them? I have the windows codecs installed, but you will probably need the k-lite mega codec pack. It's in the Ad software and resources somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2007
  4. DragonRM

DragonRM Member

I have all the codecs I need... and I fixed my other codec problem... was just a conflict. I'll give the streaming program a try for the xbox... just dunno if my pc's fast enough right now.