1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Window's Security Software! :- ) *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by rav009, Jan 22, 2006.

1. hello619

hello619 Member

Hi I have many of these programs installed and I was wondering if there would be any incompatibility with them?

Comodo Firewall
    Spyware Guard
    Avira Antivir
    Spyware Blaster

2. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

You wouldn't need Comodo if you have a router and turn on the Windows Firewall.

3. levski_26

levski_26 Member

Thanks a lot for the list, I was told AVG was best for AV before I even read this, but its nice to get a confirmation. As for the rest of the recommended programs..... downloading at this moment. Thanks a bunch!!

4. elliott

elliott Regular member

Great you found the list tell your friends no need to pay for great protection. I have been testing Microsoft Security Essentials the soon to be released to the public Anti-virus/malware program and it is really impressive. I have run some standard tests on it with solid detection both in malware and viruses. My only issue is with email scanning hopefully it will get that in a later update.

5. rav009

rav009 Active member

Noooope! A router firewall acts as a hardware port of call but believe me your ass is dead visible. Run the firewall tests at grc and prepare to be owned lol. =p

Glad this has helped some people guys, haven't posted in yonks but I'm still a damn geek heheh =D

6. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

Steve Gibson himself says all you need is the Windows Firewall and a Router.

7. diance

diance Guest

To maintain PC security, we need to get the right program for our computer but do not cost too much. See this review and you will find more security information here:
    SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009
  8. elliott

elliott Regular member

I have been using the Microsoft security essential for months now and in recent tests it performed equal to norton get it free from microsoft.

9. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

One of the first forum posts i ever read and one of the best.

Never gets updated?

10. rav009

rav009 Active member

Bloody hell, what a trip it is to log into this forum again. This feels like a lifetime ago.

Rav :)