1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freecom classic burner

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by SDempsey, Mar 8, 2005.

1. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

I dont know if this the right forum or not so let me know, anyway I have a Freecom classic burner which I accidently unplugged while it was in operation, now the light on the front of the burner which usually shows red is now flasing amber, also it wont read any disc. the drawer opens no problem. have I knackered it? any help would be appreciated

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Never heard of that burner before? Anyway I take it this is an external burner? Do you mean you unplugged the power cord? Or the USB cord? I assume you are talking about the power cord. In any case Shut down the computer and unplug everything from your burner and leave the burner off for a little while. Then hook everything back up and turn your system on.. Let me know what happens?

3. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

I accidently unplugged the power cord. dissconnected everything left it off overnight,reinstalled the burner but it made no difference, the light will only flash when the usb is connected to the pc. and yes it is external.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sounds like a power problem? Your best bet would be to contact the manufacture of that drive and see if they can give you any support? Sorry :-(

5. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

been in contact with manafacturer who said they are going to replace it
    thank for the help.