1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freesat Advice?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by aussiebyr, Apr 27, 2012.

1. aussiebyr

aussiebyr Member

i am looking for a good freesat twin tuner pvr.

i have finally talked my parents out of paying sky 114Euro per month(they have sky + hd box down stairs and standard sky box in bedroom, they have all channels on in both rooms)

rather then cut there subscription down to basic channels they have decided to go to the same system as myself.

i have saorview box for rte and a technisat freesat pvr box for bbc.itv...etc..etc..

we have got the rte side done this week and saorview is now setup in both rooms.

because there is a sky+ box in main sitting room there is a twin feed there. so looking to use the exsisting connections when sky is cancelled to replace it with a twin tuner freesat.

i know i can use the sky+ box for free to air when the subscription is cancelled but i wont have any recording functions with it.

i dont want to go own the route of these combo boxes because the epg on the sat channels is awful.

i have done a bit of googling and the humax box is the best one that is coming back, but its a bit pricey.

can anyone recommend a decent box for under 250Euro.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

remember to use up recordings first before you cancel,when cancelled =no access to recordings.