1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeware DVD Shrink 3.0 beta 4 released

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Shoey, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Shoey

Shoey Guest

DVDShrink v3.00 beta 3 partly changelog:

No more compression levels. Instead we have four new settings:
    No compression - original video.
    Automatic - DVD Shrink will choose the best compression ratio.
    Custom - you can select desired ratio (with a slider)
    Still Pictures - as before.

Better quick analysis.
    The sample points for initial quick analysis are carefully chosen, and sparse analysis results are interpolated between samples.

New "Analysis" button.
    This performs a deep analysis, which (a) guarantees that the predicted target size is met and (b) significantly improves video quality.

New "Analysis Results" file format
    The new format is more flexible, used to save results of the initial quick analysis, also deep analysis results or partial analysis results (if you cancel analysis, partial results are saved). Also better checking in case of conflict of CRC values between two DVDs.

One-pass encoding.
    Output files are written to HD in one pass, so no longer necessary to make a second pass to fix navigation ptrs. This reduces total encode time by about 5 mins.

DVD Shrink 3.0 beta 3 download: http://www.dvdshrink.org/misc/dvdshrink30beta3.zip___X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2003
  2. DonPedro

DonPedro Guest

Great !

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Sounds pretty ggod but what happendedn to the version 2.4?

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

[bold] Autoshrink automates DVDShrink procresses [/bold]

Start Autoshrink
    Set DVD-ROM drive letter
    Shrink DVD Files set hard drive letter.
    Skip 1:1 if it's less than 4,700,372,992 bytes DVDDecrypter rips to .iso and burns .iso. Check if you wish to use Re-Author in DVDShrink to get rid of menus for a DVD-5. If it's over then the bytes will be in red.
    DVD Label uses one from DVD automatically or set your own..
    Target Folder in DVDShrink is automatically set to the DVD Label in AutoShrink. Click Start Conversion.DVDShrink
    DVDShrink pops up and you Re-Author or Full-Disk mode. Follow the guides.

Click Backup!
    Click OK to begin encoding
    When DVDShrink is done encoding the video files they'll be automatically burned.

AutoShrink& DVDShrink guide:http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

Shoey :)

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Anyone having difficulties getting DVD Srhink version 3 to re-author?? Mine opens a new window that doesnt have the fiels to re-author?

7. c22shoot

c22shoot Member

this is correct, select the title sets you require from the main window pane, and drag into the "new dvd" folder. You can then select each title set and crop start/end, and even vary the compresion level within a title set. I used this arrangement to back up 24, four episodes play straight through without the menu etc wasting disc space, but still retains the original chapter points. Fantastic new version, picture quality has improved as well.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I thought it was something like that. I had a dodgy copy downloaded as that didnt work. However, download form a different link and it works fine now. I wonder how much the in depth analysis actually adds to the DVD's quality? Shoey says it significally increases quality, but what is its role? Is it only to guarantee that the predicted output file size is as estimated, and if so, how does that increase the quality?

Thanks
    Chris

9. c22shoot

c22shoot Member

mr dvd shrink !! on another forum stated the deep anaylsis made final file size more accurate and significantly improves video quality. With the later it must be some form of two pass system, and allows the program to vary compression dependant on the video content. Only my speculation so if im wrong dont shoot me (lol).

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I never said that m8, the author of DVD Shrink said so.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2003
  11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, cant understand how, since it is in the analysis stage only and not actually part of the compression.

12. karatone

karatone Regular member

I downloaded the DVDshrink the older version and the new 3.0 and I can't get either one to open my files I get " dvd shrink has encountered an error " failed to openfile" and " system cannot find the specified file" I had the older version kinda working (I thought) I got it to at least see my temp folder and it loaded them ,but it didn't have any of the audio or compression options ,I wanted to re-author to save space,and also it never ran the analysis on my dvd,but i was able to drag and drop my files to the upper left side of the program window but not much else, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong,I'm a newbie,thanks

13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

DVD Shrink 3.0 beta 4 released

DVD Shrink v3.0 Beta 4 - 14 Aug 2003:
    [bold] Changelog [/bold]

Fixed FF/FR bug which affected video set to "Automatic" mode but not actually compressed. This bug may also have caused player freeze or all sorts of other problems, depending on the player.
    Fixed automatic shutdown mode: changed windows EWX_SHUTDOWN command to EWX_POWEROFF

DVD Shrink 3.0 beta 4 download:
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/where.html

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2003
  14. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I hadn't even got round to testing DVD Shrink 3.0 beta 3

[bold]LMAO [/bold]

15. Andysp

Andysp Member

Well get a move on then...cracking bit of kit.

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

He's been chillin. Life's to fast, dont waste it in front of the computer ;-)

Im on the computer for about 4 hours of the 16-18 hours im awake each day. Damn - even thats too much

17. duvberget

duvberget Member

Hi,
    I have tried the DVD Shrink 3.0 (with movie and all extras) and it works fine as long as I watch the burned DVD+R on my PC. When I try to use it in my DVD player it says that the disc is not possible to read. I have let some friends with different (newer) DVD players try the DVD but it doesnt work with them either. Anyone know why the DVD only works on my PC?

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Are you burning with Nero? If so are you enclosing the files in a VIDEO_TS folder and burning in UDF/ISO mode?

19. duvberget

duvberget Member

Thanks for your fast reply!
    Yes I am writing with Nero 5.0. I am enclosing all files in Video TS. I don't know if I am burning in the UDF/ISO mode. I have looked for this mode in the settings but I haven't found it there. Where do I choose this mode? Can I use Nero 5.0?

20. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You need to use Nero 5.5.10.42 for the best results. U can update on the nero website, usually for free.