1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeware to backup pc games?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by s3a, Jan 15, 2006.

1. s3a

s3a Guest

Is there any freeware software that allows me to back up my pc games?
    If not, then is there a trial (with time limitations not option limitations)

*If there are both, I would prefer the freeware.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2006
  2. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

Yeah can try using dvd decrypter to rip to you hard drive as a iso file and the open it up with dameon tools. Or burn it with img burn which is decrypter's twin brother.

Other than that the best two options are alcohol 120% which yeah have to buy or slysoft clone cd which is a buy. But they do have trials with no limitations. :>

3. s3a

s3a Guest

wat if the game is a cd not a dvd can dvd decrypter still rip it?

rip=backup?

4. s3a

s3a Guest

can u send me the trial of alcohol 120%, to gamingtechnology@yahoo.ca

5. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

listen use normal cd to install game and go to gamecopyworld.com type in your game and you get a no-cd patch which is perfectly legal if you have game

6. s3a

s3a Guest

I don't want to do virtual drives or anything like that, AND I would like to reinstall or install on different computers and stuff without touching my original, I would like to have a backup copy instead, so how do I use alcohol 120% to do that (I downloaded it)

7. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

well if you run cd original or burned it will install after install it asks for cd you dont want virtual drive so get crack off gamecopyworld.com bcuz it has almost every game

8. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

i had no idea DVD Decrypter could do th@...... ive got one my wife has gotten the pledge too close to a time or two and nearly ruined.... i definetly want to back it up before she ruins it... i still have decryp... its a rather new game though..... 4-5 disc... just one actual "play" disc

9. Draugr

Draugr Member

I use UltraISO to backup my PC games. It's $30, but they have a free trial: http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/

Edit: Lol, didn't realize someone bumped an old thread. Hopefully the thread creater has the problem solved by now!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  10. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

ok.... here goes nothing.... I've been too preoccupied to give this a chance.... I'll get back to you guys and let you know if I have any trouble... I'm certain I will... (Murphies Law).... First I'm going to try to use DVD Decrypter.... if that doesnt work I'll try UltraISO... thank you for the feedback..

11. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

Label - Unknown
    Region Unknown - RCE Protection - Unknown
    Copyright Protection System Type - Unknown

and thats with ISO in Read Mode.... is there something I'm not doing or that maybe I should be doing?

12. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

Media is a Data CD.
    Total size: 345040 sectors (673 MBytes)

I dont know if that helps at all..... but theres the info AnyDVD gathered...

I would purchase Alcohol 120% but I only have the one game I need to back up... we have many on consoles and its going to take me a minute to figure out Mod chips and back-ups as far as they are concerned...

As far as being able to play w/o the cd... how does that work? seems like I read something about that when I was installing my graphix card... I think I may have a driver for that? Does that sound proposterous? that a graphix card would come with such a driver? sorry about my naivity... (not much of a gamer)

13. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

ok yes... the driver that came with it is from BFG Tech and the driver is "Farstone GameDrive 9.0" but during installation it said it had not yet been tested on XP so it may or may not work... It does appear to be working but damn is it ever slow.... @ this rate it will be done in about an hour maybe longer... is that normal?? And yet another down side is this appears to be a "Free-Trial" is the program @ gamecopyworld shareware/freeware??? is it any faster??

Just so you know I would still like to make an actual back-up of the game itself... but this will be a nice temporary fix...

14. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

Not Compatible...... figures..

15. Sentagram

Sentagram Member

I, Like the Person who Started this thread am looking for A Software Program that allows me to Play ISO Images of both Movies and Games in Virtual Drives because of a recent problem with GamesXCopy saying something about me that I have used all of my activations up for my Licence ID which really makes me pissed of with 321 studios Software Completely now. Does anyone no if there is some kind of fix for my current software or maybe another Proogram that allows me to do the same things as GamesXCopy. Thanks for any help.

16. Scotterz

Scotterz Member

HELP, GamesXcopy doesn't work anymore, and that wouldn't be a problem except that I need to burn some CD's from the backup images I made.

Is there another program that can read the 'XMF' files?

17. Dogman5

Dogman5 Regular member

Clone CD used to be good for doing PS1 CD games and still is for
    other things. Ver. 2.8.5.2 Not sure if you can find it anymore

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006