1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeze On Synchronising Cache

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Robotics, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Robotics

Robotics Guest

Hi, I looked everywhere and didnt see any info on the problem Im having.
    So here goes...
    I burn a dvd using dvd shrink, all goes well (I guess), then it automatically opens up dvd decrypter, I do all the settings, and it burns (so I think), then when the burning is done (about 20min's burning time) it says in the log "Synchronising Cache", and stays there forever!
    No Hard Drive activity, busy/burning lights on dvd burner arent flashing...task manager says it is still running.
    This is happening to all attempts of burning. Weither it be DVD+R,DVD-R, DVD+RW. Doesnt matter what original movie dvd I try to burn...they all stop dead at the same point stated above.

Worse yet...I also have DVD X-Copy, and it used to work flawlessly, and now does not. It writes the image/files, then burns, and stops dead after about 20min's (which is usually how long it used to take to burn a movie).

Im opened to any suggestions. I have uninstalled all programs ie. Shrink, Decrypter, X-Copy, reomoved any reg. entries left behind, and folders, and started all over with fresh installs and still same problem.
    Tried different brand name blank DVD's (and they have always worked before).
    Also when this stops working I can not eject the DVD...pushing the button does nothing, and in turn I have to restart.

Any help on this would be great.
    Thanks in advance

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

In DVD Decrypter you just need to use the default settings. Also once you have ripped it with DVD Shrink maybe try and burn it with Nero instead of DVD Decrypter, if then it works you know it was an issue with decrypter.

3. Robotics

Robotics Guest

I do use the default settings, and I dont have Nero.
    Plus x-copy doesnt even work anymore. Yet it has for years.

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

'then it automatically opens up dvd decrypter, I do all the settings' thats why I thought you were not using default settings.
    This is an unusual problem seeing that Plus Xcopy no longer works. You can download a trial version of Nero and see if it helps. I would un-install Plus Xcopy and see if Nero will work.

5. Robotics

Robotics Guest

Yeah I worded that wrong, all I do with the settings is tell it to erase the image after the burn, (which it has never done cause it never gets that far)
    I think something I have installed is messing with this burning stuff.
    Might just go for a reformat, and start all over. Too many burning softwares on this pc right now...they probably conflicting somewhere along the line.

6. bardie

bardie Regular member

Yes well that is a possibility, programs do conflict from time to time.
    The only software I use for all my CD and DVD copying and burning are DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter and Nero.
    I have never had the need to use other programs, even though I do have others.
    Also with all the protection issues with the latest movies I have had no problems with those either, as long as you keep these programs updated.
    But this is only my opinion.