1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeze prevention? + Surround sound?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Adi2K, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Adi2K

Adi2K Member

I found out that Xboxes have the tendency to freeze like some old PC's used to do frequently (the ones I've experienced at least). What is exactly the reason for a console like Xbox to freeze? Does it depend on overheating, bad Bios or just a system crash or something? I've had a PS2 for almost 3 years now and it has never been nasty to me.

Also I have a Creative Inspire 5.1 sound system that is optically connected to my PS2 and Line-in on my laptop. Is there a way I can connect my Xbox to it as well? My TV doesn't have any connection possibilities for surround sound, so Gamecube and Xbox seemingly have different routines for that bizz. Maybe some kind of gizmo I can connect to the console(s)?

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

yup pretty much all of that. you need to remember the xbox is built just like an pc and if it not properly cleaned then it can slow down and even crash.

There is an adapter the you can buy that allows you to connect optically to the xbox, I think its about $20. you can find it pretty much anywhere that sells xbox stuff.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Athlon 2700+, ASUS A7N8X DLX Mobo, 80gb & 120 gb Maxtor HD, 128mb Asylum Video Card, 1 gb Kingston 3200 DDR hyper X, Memorex +/- DVD burner, 52x CD burner, XP Pro OS

Modded Xbox w/ Xecuter2 Lite plus & 250gb hdd
    Modded XBox w/ Chameleon Chip & 120gb[/small]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004