1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freezing and skipping

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by vinnys, Apr 16, 2003.

1. vinnys

vinnys Member

I have a RCA dvd player. One of my first dvds I backed up worked fine. I used dazzle to get it on my harddrive and burned it with dvd complete. Now everything I try to back up, it either freezes about half way through the movie or its skipping.(someone told me digitizing). I still use dvd complete if the movie is too long. I also use dvd x copy if the movie is short enough to put on one disc.

2. malum

malum Regular member

buy some decent media

3. vinnys

vinnys Member

I used Memorex when I first started and it seemed to be fine. Then the last few movies I backed up started screwing up. What do you suggest using and where can I get it?

4. malum

malum Regular member

Well arguments rage about what is the best, I use Ritek G03. I also only write at 1X speed (I have an A04 so it's no great loss anyway) If you want to write faster get the G04.

In the UK I'd get them from www.blankdiscshop.co.uk who are the only site that give you the lead in information on the disc so you actually know what you are getting.
    You could get a trial pack and try out the different brands.
    It's possible that your standalone is just fussy, in which case you'll have to get another.

5. vinnys

vinnys Member

I have a A04 also. Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it malum.