1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freezing for a mili sec

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by wwejunkie, Mar 30, 2007.

1. wwejunkie

wwejunkie Regular member

My comp when i run a few programmes at the same time freezes for mili second, then goes to normal like every 5 seconds. when i listen to a song it freeze for a sec then continue. Is it a hardware prob or a virus?

2. jimbo92

jimbo92 Regular member

if its freezing for like a millisecond then id say theres nothing to worry bout. prob just to do with the RAM and all the speed stuff inside your computer.

if your still worrying then you should do a virus scan with your usual firewall, and just to be sure you could download another free firewall and do a virus scan with that. but be careful which firewall you download, cause some are dodgy. i would recommend:

AVG Anti-Spyware,
    SpywareBlaster,
    Spybot Search and Destroy,
    Windows Defender (haven't tried this, used the rest though)

but as i said before be careful

edit: by the way i haven't put those link there

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  3. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

if it's a prob w/ the memory; I suggest you google memtest86 and download that and make a boot cd---it'll test your mem for errors so that way you'll know if that's causing the freezes

4. wwejunkie

wwejunkie Regular member

ill give the memtest a shot, but i dont mean it freezes for a sec then goes normal does it every five seconds untill i reset my comp.

5. jimbo92

jimbo92 Regular member

oh soz mis understood you

6. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

btw; what are your hardware specs??? Because the reason why it would be hanging if you have MULTIPLE programs open and you have a single core processor would simply be because it can't handle having that many open......if it's dual core; than we got a diff. story