1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FREEZING ISSUES?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 6foot7, Nov 22, 2004.

1. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

I have used 3 different branda of media,TDK, RIDATA, AND MEMOREX. The backups have been played on different DVD ROMS by different individuales and the movies tend to want to freeze near the end of the movies. I am using SHRINK & DECRYPT. HELP!!

2. john179

john179 Active member

Providing you have used the software correct i would recomend you use Ritek G04's.If you are burning at a high speed try to slow the speed down slightly.If your burning over 4 x speed you may want to try and burn at 4 x speed.You should also check your log when ripping to ensure there was no errors when ripping the data to your hard drive.

3. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

Not all of my backups freeze , just some of them. I have been using RIDATA which is a RITEK BRAND 4X+R. All of the media I use is 4X+r and I'm still getting some freezing. When ripping I always check box that says VERIFY DATA! just to make sure I get a good burn.Haven't seen any errors reported yet.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

5. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

BB, I read your post, and yes I am using SHRINK & DECRYPT. I had my custom settings set at 4360mb, I will lower it to 4300mb as you suggest and see if it makes a difference. THANKS FOR THE HELP!

6FOOT

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Stay away from memorex. Their media is manufactured by several companys and you never know what you're going to get. If your lucky Ricohjpn (good) but more than likely cmc magnetics (bad). Here's a proggy to see who actually makes your media. http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/
    If your freezing problems are primarily at the end of the backup, setting your target size to 4300 will probably fix ya up (as stated by bbmayo). Some other things to do & check
    make sure your f/w is up to date, defrag your hdd on a regular basis, remove any adware-spyware, shut down background programs, try slowing burn speed (as stated by john 179).