1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freezing problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dx169, Sep 3, 2006.

1. dx169

dx169 Member

Well I had this problem for as long as I can remember. I had my computer for years now and its mainly my dad's so i dont know much bout it. I use it mainly. The thing is. It keeps freezing once in a while. Usually when watching movies or playing games things that uses more energy or something like that. It usually freezez every 3 minutes when playing games Ragnarok and Lineage II to be specific. But when I browse the net or anything but play games it rarely freezes. I only froze once ever without playing a game. I know its not a virus since this was like this ever since i got it. ANd I been told it was the motherboard and I should replace it but i dont got that kind of money. if its some problem can someone please help with it. Cuz when i play games it keeps freezing and im usually killed cuz I cant move or see whats going on since ihafta restart the computer when it freeezes. and u can imagine after several years Im annoyed by this constant freezing
    and restarting. so plz help as muc has u can thank you.

2. Niobis

Niobis Active member

This is wrong forum for post. I have request it be moved here.

As for your problem, I don't think it's your mobo because, as you said, it happens most of the time while playing games. Make sure no drivers are conflicting and try updating your display adapters drivers.

3. dx169

dx169 Member

how do i do that?

4. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Edited: Try ddp's advice first. I didn't think about that, thanks ddp!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved. open up the computer to see if the cpu fan heatsink assembly & videocard if it has a fan is spinning or loaded with crap. could be overheating when playing game & not when on the net.