1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freezing with DVD Cloner 2 & HP300n

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Railbake, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Railbake

Railbake Member

Before I came across this site, I purchased DVD Cloner 2. I am having a problem with backing up my DVD's with DVD Cloner 2. The movie will copy fine but when I watch the movie, I get skipping/freezing about 3/4 into the movie which continues to the end. I have used Fuji DVD +R, Memorex DVD +RW and DVD +R discs with no luck. The DVD +RW are not even recognized in my Toshiba DVD player once burned. I have an HP Multi-Media PC with an HP300n burner. Software in the PC is Record Now and I have upgraded the ATSI or ATFI, whatever it is referred to, to 4.72 from 4.6. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. The support I am supposed to get with DVD Cloner 2 has not responded to my problem and it has now been a week.

2. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi Railbake . :)

This does look like a media problem and/or fragmented hard-drive.
    I'd suggest you try other media, burning at lower speeds, and defragment your hard-drive. ;)

P.S: are you sure your Toshiba is able to read DVD+RWs?

_
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  3. Railbake

Railbake Member

Thanks ddlooping for the info. I took it for granted that since the Toshiba was able to read DVD +R, that it was able to read the +RW. You mentioned lowering the speed for burning? I am just getting into the burning scene and not quite sure where to go to decrease or increase burning speed times. I am willing to try anything. I have gone through 8 +R discs and as you know, once written......

4. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

No problem, Railbake , it is a very common mistake (media compatibilities).

As far as burning speed is concerned, I do not know DVD Cloner 2, so wouldn't know where it is set.