1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frequencies for Eurovox Max C (NO Codes here)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by hugins, Dec 6, 2007.

1. hugins

hugins Member

Hi,
    I'm new to cable tv receivers and would like to know what the codes and frequencies i will need to setup my NEW 2008 EUROVOX MAX V
    for the Dublin/Meath area. I'm connect to N*L MMDS.Is there a manaul I can download so that I can read up on before I get the box.

Any help appreciated.
    h

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep look in Eamos FTA Library at the end of my post, you will find all you need in the Eurovox folder.

3. hugins

hugins Member

tks sc0user, appreciated your help

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Youre welcome any problems just drop back.

5. ireland1

ireland1 Member

Hi i have just got myself a eurovox max v box for cork city.But i cant get no channels.Do i need to have or change a list of codes or frequencys?
    I have gone ito power search and all i get is a blue screen with T.P showing 00.I would really really gratefull if someone could help me out.

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Are you with N*L or Chorus

7. ireland1

ireland1 Member

it was chorus but it has just swapped over to n.t.l in cork city.
    Ive checked i have it in the right rf socket.do i need to change the frequencys and symbol rates and if so how?All help would great.

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You need to be 100% certain as N** use a different frequency range and symbol rate to Ch**us. Also if you are with N** are you on cable or MMDS, (aerial on your roof)?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  9. hugins

hugins Member

Hi, Just received the Eurovox Max V 2008 as described in an earlier thread. I installed it without any issues, pulled in 100 channels or so. But for some reason after about 10 minutes the picture started to break up and I lost signal. I re-installed the channels again and it work again for about 10 minutes but I lost signal again. Is there another setting that I need to configure?. The manual is limited for troubleshooting issues.

Any help appreciated.

h

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you tried a booster?

11. hugins

hugins Member

No, I didn't think I need one as there is a booster built into the receiver. Can you recommend a booster or where I can buy one?

Thanks,

h

12. hugins

hugins Member

To clarify I should have said that when I loose signal, the only way I can get to see the channels again is by re-installing them.This is the config settings and the error I was getting;

Model: DVB-XC BoxV TDA
    S/W Ver: 1.0 STC4 Oct 29 2007
    H/W Ver: 2.0t K5
    Bootstrap: v001
    S/W Build: Kuro

Errors
    Information : No Signal
    Information:please wait, code being updated
    Information: Service unknown

Rgds,
    h

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sounds like a problem I know of with Kuro Beta 2, when you lose signal are you getting an 8% signal level/quality reading. Also have you got it plugged directly into the feed without any splitters?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  14. hugins

hugins Member

I have no splitters, its plugged directly into the RF In connector. Currently as we speak I'm getting no signal but when I click the info button on the remote, the signal/level is between 81 & 83%.

Any ideas?

h

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I presume you have the correct downconvertor and power insertor?

16. hugins

hugins Member

Hi,
    I'm not sure what you mean about correct downconvertor and power insertor?(remember I'm new to this game). When you say a correct downconvertor, is this a analog to digital convertor (ADC)? and the power insertor, is this the power cable?, if his is the case then i'm using the cable that is supplied with the box.

tks
    h

17. hugins

hugins Member

Hi,
    I've read through some of the threads in the forum and I now think I understand what a downconvertor and power inserter is, and the answer is no, I don't have a mmds ariel or downconvertor. I said in an earlier thread that I live in a N*L mmds area (I was told I was by a neighbour) but I haven't seen any of these ariels around the estate so I'm not sure now. Although I'm currently a Sky subscriber I do have a N*L analog subscription which is fed in from the road to a box on the side of my house. I stupidly taught that I could take a feed from this box and add a digital cable pvr so that I could download all the digital channels. After following all the instructions in the manual I taught it had worked as it had pulled in around 100 channels, sorted them, added them to favourites etc. All seamed fine but as I said earlier I only had a signal for about 10 minutes, then I lost everything but still the signal/level was between 81% & 83%.

Do you think I need one of those mmds ariels? or is there something else that I can try.

Any help appreciated.

h

18. hugins

hugins Member

Hi,
    Sorry for all the posts but I think its better that you have all the information so that you can help me. Although I'm not at home, I do do remember some of the frequencies that I found 9 in all, some of which I think were these frequencies
    258.000 Mhz
    274.000 Mhz
    290.000 Mhz
    306.000 Mhz
    322.000 Mhz
    338.000 Mhz
    354.000 Mhz
    370.000 Mhz
    386.000 Mhz

which are MMDS N*L frequencies I believe. I'm none the wiser now :).

h

19. hugins

hugins Member

Hi,
    Sorry I mislead you on your question on what splitters that I may have. From what I can remember I have a 2 Way Cable TV Splitter 5-1000 MHz (will confirm when I get home) connected to the cable coming in from the box.

rgds,
    h

20. hugins

hugins Member

Hi,
    I've doubled checked all connections on the pvr last night and I'm still loosing signal after around ten minutes or so. As I've already posted, after I loose the signal and then click the info button the signal/level is between 81 & 83%. But if I go into the installation settings I can set that the quality is jumping between 8% and 83% on average so obviously this is the problem but I don't know why it doing this. Currently I have a 2 Way Cable TV Splitter 5-2250 MHz but have also tried to connect directly to the pvr from the N*L box but I still loose signal. Do I need a booster or is there a problem with this version of code flashed or maybe something else?.

Any help appreciated.

tks
    h