1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fresh ulocked/jalbroke iphone 3g with no wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by beef815, Oct 9, 2010.

1. beef815

beef815 Member

i jailbroke/unlocked my iphone last night and had no problems. i tried to get on cydia today and i had no wifi. in about in settings, i have a wifi address. my girls itouch had wifi and so doesmy laptop. i restored the wifi setings and re sync'd with itunes. i powered off the iphone. do i restore and start over or is there a fix. im running 3.1.3. thanx

2. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

3. beef815

beef815 Member

i type it in and a got a did not find the repository message. im also getting a could not activate a cellular data network message when i open cydia. i didnt get it yesterday when i was downloading rintones. any advice??? thanx

4. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

Reboot phone and try again...? o.0 I don't have a 3G myself and haven't had much experience with them, so I can't be that much help, sorry... >.<

What I've found really helpful and maybe something you could keep in mind for the future is, when a new firmware comes out, wait until software like pwnagetool or sn0wbreeze get an update for the new firmware and when you use those softwares to create a custom OS to restore to, you can have all the fixes you need already packed into the OS and won't need to worry about getting on cydia to install the fixes! ^o^ That's what I do for my 3Gs now. Everytime I've restored with a CFW I have had an issue with youtube. There is a fix for it in that repo, so I just make sure that's installed with OS everytime now!! :D

Sorry I can't be much more help... :(

5. beef815

beef815 Member

thax for the help. im jst going to restore and re jailbrake. appreciate it

6. beef815

beef815 Member

i restored and jailbroke again and no wifi still. anyone got an idea

7. beef815

beef815 Member

sorry to double post, but i want the info all clear. when i go to settings, the wi-fi says not connected. when i go in about, the phone has a wifi address and bluetooth address. i went to my buddies house and tried to manually install the network and no work. any ideas??