1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday Night Lights....error message using DVD Shrink ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dabig25, Mar 13, 2005.

1. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I've been trying to make a copy of Friday Night Lights, using DVD Shrink . During backup after just a few seconds though, I keep getting a message saying.......

DVD Shrink encountered an error & cannot continue.
    Programming error. The handle is invalid.

I've never seen this message before, does anyone know what it means ?? and how can I make a copy of this movie ?? using Shrink??

I'm trying to copy .Friday Night Lights (widescreen)

Thanks,
    dabig25

2. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Is there any scratches on the disk? If not...try using anydvd in the backround.

3. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I use dvd shrink with dvd decrypter in the background and it's always worked......

4. hawk1418

hawk1418 Member

how do u use anydvd and dvd shrink.need help

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Just download and install AnyDVD restart you computer as instructed by AnyDVD.. Then just run Shrink as normal.. AnyDVD runs in the background you wont even know its there except for the little fox face in the system tray next to your clock, but it is doing its job :)

6. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Did the work in the end? Let us know?

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@dabig25,
    You say you use Decrypter and Shrink? So the best way to get this movie to work for you is to first rip the movie to your hard drive and then pick it up in Shrink.. Shrink will not handle some of the newer DVD's out there so you need to rip them to the hard drive with Decrypter first. Let us know how your comming along with this one will ya?

8. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I've already got it on my HD using DVD Decrypter.
    I'll try it later tonight using DVD Shrink.

Let you know how it works....

9. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

You should be fine in that scanario. Good luck!

10. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Hey thanks,

I stored the movie on my HD using DVD Decrypter, then I re-authorized it on DVD Shrink. I just burned the movie itself without the menu and extras and it worked , thanks again.

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem, glad you got it to work :)

12. carven

carven Member

i experience the same problem with The Punisher. i also tried steps posted here but still, i encounter the same message what shall i do now?

13. flexo6

flexo6 Member

In DVD Shrink...in the left window click on unrefrenced materials.....then in the right window click where it says automatic..... then click still pictures...I found this advice under search in this forum...and everything worked out well.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  14. brobear

brobear Guest

I found BBmayo's suggestion of using AnyDVD the best. However it is retail. I find it to be worth every cent I paid for it and more. With DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD along with my favorite transcoding, encoding and burner apps I've yet to run into a movie that can't be burned and I've done almost all the recent movies with the difficult encrytions. I leave Decrypter on default settings and go. AnyDVD can be used with most Windows programs that use a decrypter. When using Shrink AnyDVD will work with just the Shrink. However, I still like to rip with Decrypter and open the ripped files with Shrink. I leave AnyDVD running during the entire backup process.

Friday Night Lights was a bit larger than most discs, so I did it with RB using DVD Decrypter ripped files. Then I burned with CopyToDVD3. Even with the Analysis and quality settings, I don't know that I would use Shrink to record the entire disc on this one.

15. carven

carven Member

i tried to follow the advices. however when i chose, to backup the files now.i chose the "select backup target" as "iso image file... with decrypter". during the encoding it did weel. but during the burning, the decrypter said theres an error on "volume label" sometihing. it asked me if i want to abort or continue. i chose continue and it did. it ever asked me if i want to verify the files after bruning. the decrypter did. however, when the dvd was finished, i tried it and its EMPTY. I spend almost 3 hours now to burn this "The Punisher" dvd. please help. dont know what to do. ASAP... thank

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

carven,
    Have you tried using the first guide at my website? the link is in my signature. Try that movie with that method, and you shouldnt have a problem unless something is wrong with that original..

17. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

I backed up this movie with DVD Shrink 3.2 with no prob

18. brobear

brobear Guest

Sounds like it's just a set up problem. Following BBmayo's guide should solve the problem if you go at it step by step and do exactly what's stated in the directions.

19. unknownu

unknownu Member

I just tried DVD Shrink 3.2 on "Friday Night Lights" and had the same error problem, whether I used AnyDVD or not. I finally tried DVD Shrink 3.1.7 and it worked fine with or without AnyDVD. I tried DVD Shrink 3.2 again and had the same problem. I tried this four times. Using DVD Shrink 3.2 has the error and DVD Shrink 3.1.7 does not. Try it out... it may work for you.

20. brobear

brobear Guest

Hmmm... Jetster backs it up without a problem. BBmayo can do it. I have no problems. Then someone is having problems and a different version seems to help. Makes one wonder where the problem is. I don't believe a program would selectively choose not to work for some individuals and then work for others. Someone either has a problem or the software is corrupted. Otherwise, explain how some people are transcoding and recording the DVD without a hitch.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2005