1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday Night Lights Help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by afi292, Mar 3, 2005.

1. afi292

afi292 Member

First off, I used search and read threw every single thread pertaining to this DVD...and tried the solutions. With that being said, i'll continue.

My situation is a little different. I only have this DVD on my hard drive (used DVD Decryptor).

I tried DVD Shrink, and the movie is too big. I tried doing re authorization, and wanting only to back up the main movie--still too big at 5.XX GB

I then tried various combinations of DVD2one, AnyDVD, CloneDVD2. None would properly work.

Am I going to need to find my DVD again to make this backup happen? Thanks abunch in advance!

2. olamite

olamite Regular member

there's no movie too big for shrink,do movie only,if you want complete dvd you have to use compression,when you pull the main over in reauthor it should do compression automatically,then remove some audio

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  3. afi292

afi292 Member

No, with Friday Night Lights, it is too big. It's part of Universal's encryption i believe.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If the movie is already on your HD then there is no encryption left on it. Shrink should compress it. What exactly happens when you open it in Shrink?

Jerry

5. afi292

afi292 Member

I open it in DVD shrink, and the total movie size is ~9GB. just the Movie itself, w/ full compression is 5.XXGB

6. whirlble

whirlble Member

Check your size setting under preferences. Make sure you are using the dvd5 setting or manually set it.

7. afi292

afi292 Member

that doesnt do anything... i am trying to stress that this is not the problem.

8. n2myharly

n2myharly Guest

I have burned Friday Night Lights with no problems at all.. I simply used dvd shrink.. re-author the movie and used nero to burn it.. The copy played fine... and it was only 7. something Gigs without compression..

9. madgreek

madgreek Guest

I have also burned this disk. No issues. Plays fine..sounds like to me you need to shrink the dvd down and compress it... dvdshrink will do this. You can but a dvd that is 7 gigs on a 4.7 blank without compressing it and/or removing everything else but the movie. Sounds like to me you are trying to move the exact movie over. without altering it with these programs it won't work

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I am not sure if this will be helpful, as I too am newbie to all of this. I have backed up Friday Night Lights, and it was one of the hardest ones to do because of the "running boy" This is just an observation, and may not be correct, but I have noticed that on some disks, especially Disney,there are multiple titles, I think they are different angles, and this make movie appear bigger than it actually is. Use DVD Shrink in re-author mode and just drag Title 1 over and there is usually no problem with the movie.

11. afi292

afi292 Member

You guys do not seem to understand...

IT IS SET TO COMPRESS THE DVD AT THE FULLEST EXTENT, AND IS STILL TOO BIG.

:(

Ive tried a few other programs, most give an error :(

12. olamite

olamite Regular member

that's strange,i would try another original copy

13. Derrick97

Derrick97 Member

I have the Friday Night Lights dvd saved on my hard drive with Dvd Decrypter and its 7.8gb. When opening it with Dvd Shrink it show 49.2% compression to get it down to 4,464mb. Under re-author it shows the movie itself as 5,554mb and after stripping the extra audio & subtitles its down to 5,043mb and with an 87.5% compression rate bringing it to 4,464mb. I have burned it this way using Dvd Shrink with no problems.

14. madgreek

madgreek Guest

It seems like you guys might want the dvd in full 1:1 ratio with no compression. No problem! Cut the dvd in half! Use dvdshrink and cut in half..