1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From frustrating to complete loss - Bios Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by that1dude, Nov 26, 2003.

1. that1dude

that1dude Member

From an earlier post of mine:

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Since your XBox won't boot at all with the chip turned on you'll need the External Programmer to reflash the chip to get back up and running.

RustyDog

3. that1dude

that1dude Member

I have the Xecuter 2.2 Pro, so would just flashing it using a printer cable work? Or is there something else I need, this programmer?

4. GetModded

GetModded Guest

That will work.
    If you haven't flashed the chip before using the PC then I would check out the Tutorials on system-mods.com

RustyDog

5. that1dude

that1dude Member

Awesome, it worked! It only took like 1/2 hour to get it all set up and over with too! I wish I would have done it this way in the first place, it would have saved me hours. I knew I could flash it that way but thought it would be a lot tricker than it was. I didn't even go buy a DB25 M to F extension cable, I just turned my desktop down on its face and stood the xbox power button in the air on the comp and connected it directly! The most difficult part was having about 1 inch of leeway, it was a biotch to get the xbox all propped up and situated right so the ribbon wouldn't detach on the xbox, then there was the computer power cable and xbox power cables clashing and making it even more difficult, but I fenangled it into submission and flashed my bios succesfully. Props to you RustyDog for giving me a great site for instructions, props to the site for hosting those instructions, and bravo to the people that design these chips and add all these nice features for dumb-asses like me!