1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From Step 1

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by DaggerB, Mar 15, 2004.

1. DaggerB

DaggerB Member

ok, i have followed every instruction and got slayer to work, i have flashed the mod chip(2.3blite+) with the latest bios i have a 160gig Seagate HD. and i locked the Hard Drive with Config Magic. Now i want to play XBL with legaly owned games. How do i go about doing that, because every time i turn off the xbox, turn off the modchip and turn the xboxback on( with the mod-chip still off) i get a error 13. Any Ideas?

2. DaggerB

DaggerB Member

And how should i have all my switches on the switches(in what positions) when ever i flash, or do anything?)
    I have already been to my modchip makers website, did their tutorials, and still no luck.

Sorry for so many posts, can the mod delete all my other ones besides this?

3. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

look in your c drive and check how the .xbe files are named. Sometimes installers rename them. I usually have my evox dash evoxdash.xbe and M$ xboxdash.xbe. Sometimes the M$ dash is renamed msxboxdash.xbe and evox is xboxdash.xbe. If it is locked the original bios is looking for the M$ dashboard but can't find it it has been renamed.

4. DaggerB

DaggerB Member

my files are named correctcly. evo..., and xbox....
    what else could be wrong, I'm having doubts on weather the modchip actualy was flashed because when ever i run the slayer utility that checks the mod chip it comes up unkown, i press start to restart and ir reboots and takes me to the cromwell flash screen. i have no idea what going on, before i did slayer i just did evox, and had the same problems, i follow directions but msdash won't boot with the chip off.

5. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Did you ever get Evox to boot. What bios did you falsh with You should use xecuter 4979 or higher if you used any lower your chip will have an usebale bios and will not work. PM me with your e-mail and I will give you some more help.

6. DaggerB

DaggerB Member

i got evox to boot. everything worked fine, but i didnt backup my old Original Xbox HD files, and i just installed slayer 2.5 and everything was cool , but when i wanted to boot the xbox with the chip off it didnt, even though it booted through evox when you go to change the clock and everything. i am running BIos 4981 the .67 version.

7. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Have you doubled checked the lock on the harddrive? Does your Evox have the harddrive lock function? I have your e-mail address I am at work but late tonight I could send you some files.

8. DaggerB

DaggerB Member

hmm.. that what would be a good question if my hardrive has the lock function, how would i check on that

9. DaggerB

DaggerB Member

I dont know what i did, but when i turned on the Xbox a min a go all my files were gone? and i havent even touched anything. So i reformed the way i did before, locked my HD as soon as the format and install was done. Reboot it was working again, turned if off and the modchip, turned on the xbox with the modchip off and it booted to xbox normal dash. I dont khow how i fixed it but somehow i did.

Thanks Billy.

10. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

The Gods of silicone work in strange ways. I have fixed my xbox many times with the same luck. Have FUN!!!! The only thing better than a Modded Xobx is.... Hmm... ?Money and Naked chicks?!?!

11. DaggerB

DaggerB Member

FOR F***S SAKES, if its not one thing its another!!!!

I can connecto to xboxlive but now i cant connect to the xbox through FLASHFXP! using the same IPS.

12. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Double check your ip address sometimes they change

13. DaggerB

DaggerB Member

Meh... I formated again and now everything works dont know what the problem was double checked the IP's and everything but it doesnt matter now. Now the question is how long my xbox will continue to work.