1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Froze?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by datcudude, Jul 9, 2007.

1. datcudude

datcudude Member

I have a coolsat 5000 and I think it is frozen. All you see on the box or 4 lines where the numbers should be and the screen is a plain black screen. My remote control doesn't respond to the box either. I dont know what to do...I tried unpluggin everything and what not. HELP ME PLEASE!

2. bill038

bill038 Guest

Turn the unit off.
    Push and hold front ON switch,then power it up from back switch.
    This should get you into the diagnostics screen.
    You should be able to do a factory reset from there.

I believe you go down to NVRAM clear to do this.

3. datcudude

datcudude Member

It won't go to the diagnostic screen like you said.

4. bill038

bill038 Guest

Load the Factory 100 bin into your loader. Turn the power off on your receiver using the Back switch and hook it up to your computer. Now Click on the Connect tab on your loader a Split Second BEFORE you turn the receiver power on ! ---------------------------------------------------------------How to Properly Load NorW Bins !

1. Write down your dish Settings (You will need them for step 7)
    2. First do a Factory Set !! [Menu-System Settings-Database Reset-Factory Set]
    3. Load Factory Flash !
    4. Factory Set
    5. Load the 143 bin
    6. Do another Factory Set !
    7. Setup your dish settings
    8. Setup your options [Renumbering Local Channels is a new option]
    9. Auto Scan sats. (turning off network search will speed up 110 scan)
    10. Set Time Settings and Channel Locks, Exit and Watch TV

**NOTE** Remember to always turn your coolsat off by the switch on the back of the unit before you disconnect or connect the coax cable or you may damage the stb.

Load the Factory 100 bin into your loader. Turn the power off on your receiver using the Back switch and hook it up to your computer. Now Click on the Connect tab on your loader a Split Second BEFORE you turn the receiver power on !
    After the Factory Flash is finished Continue from step 4 of my loading instructions !

Sorry for doubling up some of the answer.

If this doesn't work, I will direct you to where you can get more help.

5. bill038

bill038 Guest

Also forgot to tell you, you may have to try this a few times to ge the timing right as to when to turn on the stb.

6. thokko

thokko Member

i have the same problem but i can fine Factory 100 bin ...if can gice any link so i can downlode it....thank you

7. bill038

bill038 Guest