1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

frustrated with Sony

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by pmbrent, Apr 24, 2007.

1. pmbrent

pmbrent Member

Hi

I need a brainy group to solve a problem for me. I have a PCV-RZ34g Sony computer, its great, runs like a clock. I have restore disks. The problem is that I replaced the HD with a larger one and used it in a different computer. When I went to restore the original software, I like the Giga TV and Video.

Some how the computer no longer knows it’s a Sony. I have gone thru many things with Sony to get it to remember what it is. Sony wants me to take it into a Sony dealer, I don’t have the bucks.

So, Is there a chip or jumper on the motherboard that may have worked loose?
    Or is it something in the Bios?
    I am using it right now so everything works and a hyper thread 2.8 with 1.5 ram can handle a lot of video problems. I have XP pro running right now.

For some reason I think it has to be a matching code from the software to the motherboard, but where and what do I need to do to reset it.

Now another question, I also have a HP zd7030sd laptop. When I try to hook up the TV tuner it says that the drivers for it are not available to Windows media? I have used every restore disk to get that going, other than that it runs fine and the 17 in screen is great.

Thank you
    Pauline

PMBrent@hotmail.com

4-24-7

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

3. pmbrent

pmbrent Member

Thank You, I figured the same thing. But the site you mentioned is the one I have been working with and they keep telling me to download drivers, but each one they recommend comes back that it is "not for this model".

The HP, say that microsoft media center does not support this unit.

I woke up this morning thinking that maybe I can drag the Giga pocket software into my windows. I paid like 2499. for this in 03, still out preforms anything I can buy today. For me anyway.

Pauline